What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

Swapped my i5 for an i7 over the holidays after having some issues with my device. Waiting to install 10 again until the CP comes out this month.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I run Windows 10 as my only and the only show stopper is Lync 2013 Desktop Client causes lock up on 9879....so I don't use Lync on it....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I was using Lync 2013 on my SP3 w10, not a lot but it seemed okay on mine.
Which build? I narrowed the lockups to Lync using debug, even after a fresh install of Office if Lync is running and it the SP3 tries to enter CS it locks up, it is directly related to the GDI Bug that also affects inking in OneNote 2013...which is why I'm using OneNote MUI for inking...

r0b123

No issues either with Lync on build 9879. Here's the version I'm running...

upload_2015-1-6_7-54-37.png

ChrisPanzer

So, question here, after we install Windows 10, how long will it remain 'active' for before we actually have to purchase it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, question here, after we install Windows 10, how long will it remain 'active' for before we actually have to purchase it?
Typically 90-180 days after the last Build, assuming the last stable build will be the Spring Developer Preview (released for the Build Conference) and assuming RTM is late July or August so you should be good until September to October...

Status
Not open for further replies.