What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

If you edit the INF on the intel drivers I believe you can get your panel back.

You really want that transparent start menu don't you! ;) It does look kinda cool.

Have no clue on how to do that. Does anyone have a copy of the last drivers compatible with Windows 10 Preview? I think someone mentioned it was the August.

AllTaken

How come I can't decrease the brightness ???

I can't for the life of me find this setting either. I've tried un-ticking auto brightness to no effect.

SOLVED: Power options in control panel. It's at the bottom. Or click the battery icon in system tray.

Cask

Downloading as we speak (after failing miserably last night with 9879). One question, anyone that update from Win 8.1 fully update had any issue with the intel HD drivers? My install is vanilla Windows (haven't yet installed anything on my SP3 back) only applied windows update so far.

AllTaken

Downloading as we speak (after failing miserably last night with 9879). One question, anyone that update from Win 8.1 fully update had any issue with the intel HD drivers? My install is vanilla Windows (haven't yet installed anything on my SP3 back) only applied windows update so far.

I had display driver crashes going from intel beta drivers to windows 10. Installing August display drivers fixes any problems:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Ta...ro-3-Tablet-Firmware-Driver-August-2014.shtml

My advice, try and update with the intel drivers and if you have issues, just download the august firmware pack and install the intel drivers from that. Afterwards you'll be prompted via Windows update to download the Jan 15th firmware including latest display drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.