What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Hmmm, so this new preview build should have most of the new goodies in it? Just went back to 8.1 but tempted if it solves issues.

mitchellvii

So we run the .exe then reboot and we get the Preview as an update, is that how this works? I forgot.

** Yeah that's it.

RémiM

So we run the .exe then reboot and we get the Preview as an update, is that how this works? I forgot.

** Yeah that's it.

I like the way you came back to 8.1 and now back on 10 ! It makes me smile. We are all the same. "Meh, nope, let's try the new one !" :D

mitchellvii

I like the way you came back to 8.1 and now back on 10 ! It makes me smile. We are all the same. "Meh, nope, let's try the new one !" :D

Well I came back to 8.1 because the most recent Preview wasn't getting along with my SP3 at all. I'm guessing this Preview will be far more developed (hope so).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Installed and up and running....I like it so far. One big gotcha....this build will negatively impact your Battery Life....

mitchellvii

Couple things on first blush.

Unlike prior Windows 10 Preview Builds, this one does NOT include the HD Control Panel so you CANNOT set gamma and other things - Booooooo!. Sigh. I'm sorry MS by WTF do you INSIST on doing away with the HD Control Panel for the SP3?

Anyone have any idea which Intel Drivers will be compatible with this build so I can get my HD Control Panel back and where I can get them? (shaking head).

In the Windows 10 samples I've seen online they had a transparent Start Menu. This build apparently does not. Any ideas on how to get that if we can?

AllTaken

Couple things on first blush.

Unlike prior Windows 10 Preview Builds, this one does NOT include the HD Control Panel so you CANNOT set gamma and other things - Booooooo!. Sigh. I'm sorry MS by WTF do you INSIST on doing away with the HD Control Panel for the SP3?

Anyone have any idea which Intel Drivers will be compatible with this build so I can get my HD Control Panel back? (shaking head).

In the Windows 10 samples I've seen online they had a transparent Start Menu. This build apparently does not. Any ideas on how to get that if we can?

If you edit the INF on the intel drivers I believe you can get your panel back.

You really want that transparent start menu don't you! ;) It does look kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.