What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon

Anybody able to get the Surface Tweak Tool to run on build 10166? Every since upgrading to this build, the program doesn't load and is just blank.

It had worked flawlessly before 10166.

The reason I ask is that the Intel Display Power Saving Technology (aka dynamic contrast) is bugging the hell out of me :mad:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
As stable as these builds are, I really hope those of you using the SP3 as your daily driver (as I am) are using cloud technologies to keep your data safe.

Why would i use cloud when i have a harddrive and a usb stick? Cloud sucks.

Tallrandal

If you installed 10162 via ISO then i'm willing to bet that if you go into the advanced update options you'll find it sat on slow ring (or possibly that your MS account needs to be verified)
No that's not it. I have changed to the fast ring and I am on my MS account that has been verified. Thanks for the suggestion though. I did some research on the MS forums and come to find out it can take up to 24hrs to receive the update if you installed from ISO. Another good bit of information I found was that if you change your ring from slow to fast, it can take up to 30 minutes to take affect.

lhauser

As stable as these builds are, I really hope those of you using the SP3 as your daily driver (as I am) are using cloud technologies to keep your data safe.

Yes, indeed. The important stuff is on OneDrive, with the novel-in-progress synced to Bitbucket every few days (I use Git to version control my writing), File History to one flash drive almost daily and just a simple copy to another flash drive daily.

Yeah, to me, it's not "saved" unless it's in at least three different places.

EMINENT

I occasionally get he display driver crash on my pc and that one is using the latest nvidia driver.

I did notice no more popping with 10166 though.

Edge now has localhost working as I read and is showing my server. However, when I play any video through Plex, there is no sound and sometimes Edge crashes shortly after the video starts.

Update: after going to Plex settings and clicking off experimental HLS, it now has sound as it's using the Flash player, but after 20 or so seconds it crashes Edge. Could be a Plex issue though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.