What's new

Windows 11 Enterprise key

afathypc

I bought a used Microsoft laptop surface studio and I found it came with windows 11 enterprise but it can't be activated. How can I activate it or get activation key?

Assuming the original enterprise owner reset the device using their enterprise OS I don't think there's a way around that unless you acquire your own enterprise key.

Assuming you are not an enterprise and you want to use this for personal use. I think the way forward is to download the Surface Recovery Image and reload the factory OS which should activate with the inbuilt key. As far as I know there's no way to remove the original key but it wouldn't work for an enterprise OS.

Assuming the original enterprise owner reset the device using their enterprise OS I don't think there's a way around that unless you acquire your own enterprise key.

Assuming you are not an enterprise and you want to use this for personal use. I think the way forward is to download the Surface Recovery Image and reload the factory OS which should activate with the inbuilt key. As far as I know there's no way to remove the original key but it wouldn't work for an enterprise OS.
I did that before. I already reset the it to downloaded the Surface Recovery Image and reload the factory OS which should activate with the inbuilt key , but it didn't make any sense and I had the same problem

Attachments

• received_406736285444814.jpeg
    received_406736285444814.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 49
I believe this unit is still registered by serial number to the organization. As far as I know, the only way around that is to get them to remove it i.e. deregister the serial number. Otherwise, return the device to wherever you bought it for a full refund. Unfortunately, this seems to happen quite a bit with these "Managed Devices" Microsoft should come up with a better way.

Back