What's new

Windows Modules Installer worker - cpu load 35%

Enrico D.

I read in a past post about sp3 users that had CPU load and heating issue and that was better to disable the automatic updates of windows, so I did it too.

This morning I left the pc alone for 15 minutes for a phone call.. and when back the cpu was at 35% and windows modules installer worker was the responsibile for this in the taskmanager

I went to check if the windows update was in manual mode and it was.

So for which reason this installer worker went active and using 27/35% cpu?

Please advice what to do to don't let it happen again, the cpu load in average went up to 35/40% and cpu temperature peak at 70/76 c thank you

Attachments

• win installer.jpg
    win installer.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

and other surprice, right now i catched for 2 tymes the task manager with the "system" that went up in the 1st position with a cpu load of 30/37% .... now why even this?

so there is the issue with windows modules as I said above plus this new line SYSTEM

let me know how to fix......... thanks :))

of course my sp3 is all updated and I don't have any problematic software running and/or I did any installation today etc etc, usually I run just firefox, a platform in Java of a well know broker in the US (interactivebrokers) and another also in java of another italian broker. That's all, usual staff I always did in win 7 with desktop pc. But the reason to send up that system or windows module should be an issue due to windows/surface 3 that I need to fix.

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 512

megatronium

and other surprice, right now i catched for 2 tymes the task manager with the "system" that went up in the 1st position with a cpu load of 30/37% .... now why even this?

so there is the issue with windows modules as I said above plus this new line SYSTEM

let me know how to fix......... thanks :))

of course my sp3 is all updated and I don't have any problematic software running and/or I did any installation today etc etc, usually I run just firefox, a platform in Java of a well know broker in the US (interactivebrokers) and another also in java of another italian broker. That's all, usual staff I always did in win 7 with desktop pc. But the reason to send up that system or windows module should be an issue due to windows/surface 3 that I need to fix.

see my response in the other thread.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

Hi, monitor from the RESOURCE MONITOR and check which is the process is causing this, try to see if it is MRT.exe or some other. Let me know, thanks.

test.jpg