What's new

"Your exchanged surface will arrive in two days" A week later is HASNT SHIPPED YET?!!

macmee

Rant + I'm in a hurry:

WHAAAT?

My touch cover is clearly broken IMO but Microsoft thinks its my tablet, so they set up an advanced exchange for me.

They told me that a) they would email me a confirmation number and b) that my tablet would arrive in 2 days.

After 4 days I contacted their support and they assured me that it would arrive the next day.

Today I contacted them and they said it hasn't shipped yet.

ITS BEEN A WEEK?????!!!

This is UNBELIEVABLE. They never emailed me a confirmation and it's been 7 full days, 5 business days, and they tell me it hasn't shipped yet.

What the heck am I supposed to do about this mess? I have a nice $1500 dollar rock here that Microsoft clearly doesn't give a crap about.

Now they tell me they will investigate and that it will take 2 business days. It's the weekend tomorrow and I've already waited 7 business days.

At this point they should give me a ******* brand new tablet with the 4300 (which I've NEVER mentioned at all by the way, I just wanted an advanced exchange on my touch cover...) or they should ship me a new tablet thats a model higher.

I'm certainly not buying anything else from Microsoft, they literally fail at everything.

TLDR; I was lied to several times and told it had already shipped. I've now waited 5 business days (7 days total), come to find out it hasnt even shipped yet. Can MS please just send me a brand new tablet or a model higher? I think I deserve to be treated like a human here.

MickeyLittle

On a case by case basis they (Microsoft of any company for that matter) needs to step up and just do the right thing! Bad things happen. People make mistakes, even terrible mistakes like in your case but Microsoft could turn it into a much more tolerable situation for you by getting someone higher up the chain to review your case for 5-10 minutes and then making an executive decision based on just how bad you've been screwed around that would help to justify the situation be it a free tablet or a hefty discount. Again based on a case by case basis!

Good luck I know you've had a bad ride thru this mess.

OP
macmee

macmee

On a case by case basis they (Microsoft of any company for that matter) needs to step up and just do the right thing! Bad things happen. People make mistakes, even terrible mistakes like in your case but Microsoft could turn it into a much more tolerable situation for you by getting someone higher up the chain to review your case for 5-10 minutes and then making an executive decision based on just how bad you've been screwed around that would help to justify the situation be it a free tablet or a hefty discount. Again based on a case by case basis!

Good luck I know you've had a bad ride thru this mess.

Yeah, based on my experiences I think the Surface might only of been a good idea on paper.

jamesk

I requested an advanced exchange on 1/21/14 which shipped yesterday 1/23/14 and just received to today the 24th...

The one I received has a lower serial number than my original SP2 and has a 4200 CPU. The middle of the kick stand bulges out more than my original unit also so I am trying to get the replacement unit replaced again..

OP
macmee

macmee

I requested an advanced exchange on 1/21/14 which shipped yesterday 1/23/14 and just received to today the 24th...

The one I received has a lower serial number than my original SP2 and has a 4200 CPU. The middle of the kick stand bulges out more than my original unit also so I am trying to get the replacement unit replaced again..

If my replacement unit is crap I'll simply send that back too and then request another one.

Honestly I don't care about 4200/4300. I just want a Surface that works with my touch cover, doesn't overheat and doesn't short circuit.

FFX

still haven't received my new charger for my iPhone from Apple and it's been 3 weeks now. They told me I could buy a new charger in the store while waiting for my replacement, but they couldn't just give me one, even though they had them in store! Ladies and gentlemen that's BAD service!

OP
macmee

macmee

still haven't received my new charger for my iPhone from Apple and it's been 3 weeks now. They told me I could buy a new charger in the store while waiting for my replacement, but they couldn't just give me one, even though they had them in store! Ladies and gentlemen that's BAD service!
Maybe you should go on an Apple forum and discuss it then...

FFX

Look who's talking. I thought this thread needed some perspectives. The grass is certainly not greener on the other side!