What's new

Advance exchange online or exchange in-store

Ph33zy

First time owning MFST complete and want to exchange my SP3. If I go to the store, will they just open a NiB device and give me a new SP3 for my old one? I'm afraid of getting a refurb with the advance exchange.

grumpy

IN STORE! IN STORE! IN STORE! IN STORE! IN STORE! IN STORE!

Did I mention "in store"?
Of course, if you really want to play a round of refurbished roulette, then by all means, do the advanced exchange.

malberttoo

First time owning MFST complete and want to exchange my SP3. If I go to the store, will they just open a NiB device and give me a new SP3 for my old one? I'm afraid of getting a refurb with the advance exchange.

Even though @grumpy won't come right out and say it, you should do the replacement in store. You are pretty much guaranteed to get a new unit.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
it might be a bit early yet for the first refurbs to get back from China or Viet Nam wherever these are made. You don't think they do that in the US do you??? That said, it's even more unlikely there would be any in a store.

OP
P

Ph33zy

So tried to return my SP3 today and they would not open a NIB replacement for me saying that I could either place an advanced exchange online without Amy down time or hand over my SP3, have them mail it in, and wait for MFST to ship them a replacement. They said they got in trouble for exchanging NiB for the during the SP2 era. Anyone able to get a SP3 exchanged in stores or are they just BS'ing me?

phositadc

So tried to return my SP3 today and they would not open a NIB replacement for me saying that I could either place an advanced exchange online without Amy down time or hand over my SP3, have them mail it in, and wait for MFST to ship them a replacement. They said they got in trouble for exchanging NiB for the during the SP2 era. Anyone able to get a SP3 exchanged in stores or are they just BS'ing me?

Sorry this isn't an answer, but were you still within the 30 day return window? if so I'm a bit shocked they didn't do the exchange.

OP
P

Ph33zy

Microsoft store. Costa Mesa, CA. They did mention that they don't have any dedicated replacements in stock, but if they did they could give those to me. However, they can't just open up a NiB anymore. They had plenty of NiB stock.

Not a big deal, my online exchange should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed that its not a refurb. Is there a way I would be able to tell its a refurb?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft store. Costa Mesa, CA. They did mention that they don't have any dedicated replacements in stock, but if they did they could give those to me. However, they can't just open up a NiB anymore. They had plenty of NiB stock.

Not a big deal, my online exchange should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed that its not a refurb. Is there a way I would be able to tell its a refurb?
Refurbished items should be clearly marked.