What's new

Advice request - swap sp3?

puma

Hey guys so up until now I been thinking my issues are all software based and updates would resolve. But I am still getting random reboots..
I wonder if it is related to the wifi issue because many happen upon wake up.. I think it comes on but then the Surface logo is there.
: Untitled.png

What do you guys think, hard ware issue and time for a swap or software and wait it out?

Feoen

Just for comparison, I've had my Surface Pro for six days I have not once received the Kernel-Power error. Additionally, the computer naturally will show the "Surface" symbol when coming out of Deep Sleep (which kicks in anywhere from 2 to 6 hours while in sleep mode)

ipaq_101

Same here, I have never seen that error before.

Did you do any of those rollback drivers? Maybe that had something to do with it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would do a full Factory Reset first, and if that doesn't clear it up then I would return it...

OP
P

puma

Was up late finishing up the build. I just did the firm ware update last night.. I will try this part now.

OP
P

puma

Step Five - Plug and Play will install the Original Drivers (Unless you've ran disk clean-up and removed a bunch of stuff)

Step Six - Adding this as it was pointed out to me, run Windows Update and it will offer the June Updated Drivers (I hid this Update as I didn't want it to install it)

Not sure what he means here: step five, is he saying, let the machine install the original drivers?

Step six: is he saying run windows update and then let it install or do not let it install this update?

OP
P

puma

Wow... went from 72mbps now I am getting 243! Let's see if it stays steady. Thanks guys. I'm happy I swapped out the unit, this thing is running very nicely.