What's new

Common faults to look for

kristalsoldier

My main things are screen issues I end up staring at them, and anything like the heat issue where i7 were getting really hot

Well...there you go...about the heat issue...I'd recommend you wait for at least 203 days after you get your SP3 and put it through its paces because you will no doubt be installing a number of programs, apps etc. onto it. You will also be installing a bunch of updates and Windows will do its indexing thing. Each of these will contribute to the generation of heat. Once these things have been taken care of, then test to see if your particular device heats up under your normal workloads and when you push it.

As for the screen, any blemish of any kind should become apparent to you very quickly.

Tommy

I bought a SP3 i5 8GB in the USA last week and brought it home with me to the UK, everything seemed fine, but i've just noticed that the screen is coming unstuck along the bottom edge (holding in landscape). Contacted Microsoft and they're collecting it tomorrow and sending me a replacement.