What's new

Display Driver Crashing

jbowden

After latest updates from last night, wake-up from sleep sometimes (happened twice in last 12 hours) the screen will not come on. The keyboard lights up but black screen. Holding down + and power for 15 sec. boots into screen that allows me to restart and then the screen comes back on. This is one buggy device.....I am sure most of it is Windows 10, but it makes this device look like junk.

pennyg

Crashes seem worse after "upgrade". Complete freeze after third crash using AmiDuOs. The driver is the same one as before the updates.

EMINENT

After latest updates from last night, wake-up from sleep sometimes (happened twice in last 12 hours) the screen will not come on. The keyboard lights up but black screen. Holding down + and power for 15 sec. boots into screen that allows me to restart and then the screen comes back on. This is one buggy device.....I am sure most of it is Windows 10, but it makes this device look like junk.

If you get the black screen, just press both sleep and a volume key to get the lock screen. I had this happen before and it's happening on my pc at times too when the system doesn't register any input, I sometimes have to turn off my tv and back on and move my mouse for it to sense it.

robertcan

Updated Win10 today and thought I'd take EDGE for a spin to see if the display driver issue is resolved. Sadly, it only took 10 minutes to get the first crash. Losing faith Microsoft and it's too late to return this SP4. Ugh...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updated Win10 today and thought I'd take EDGE for a spin to see if the display driver issue is resolved. Sadly, it only took 10 minutes to get the first crash. Losing faith Microsoft and it's too late to return this SP4. Ugh...
Well, honestly I had not heard any promises officially that this would fix that problem. We just heard that Intel was on site at Microsoft working the issue and Id expect a separate update from that effort. They've been working on TH2 for quite some time. ;)

Last edited:

leeshor

I have yet to see a video driver crash and I've been using my SP4 for over 2 weeks. I am however having video issues on one of my desktops after the Th2 update.

robertcan

Well, honestly I had not herd any promises officially that this would fix that problem. We just heard that Intel was on site at Microsoft working the issue and Id expect a separate update from that effort. They've been working on TH2 for quite some time. ;)

Excellent point. I just assumed, or perhaps hoped that this would be the update to fix it since it's been a widespread problem. I've spent the last 15 years living in the Apple ecosystem so wasn't aware TH2 was something in the works for quite awhile. Blissfully ignorant I am :)

jtcb

I was playing around the unit at the Microsoft Store and notice four crashes for the duration on my one hour stay. It is really bad. What causes the crash?