What's new

Got mine !

convergent

I just got a shipping notice for the new Pen, which I ordered after the SP and keyboard. No notice on them yet.

Delivery date on the pen is next Monday... argh!!!

CrippsCorner

My Surface is now only 20 miles away! It arrived at the central delivery hub in the early hours... however I'm not holding out hope for it being delivered today seeing as though it's now past 09:00 and is not 'Out for Delivery' yet :(

convergent

My Surface is now only 20 miles away! It arrived at the central delivery hub in the early hours... however I'm not holding out hope for it being delivered today seeing as though it's now past 09:00 and is not 'Out for Delivery' yet :(

I wish you luck... my progress has been very disappointing so far. I ordered SP and type cover from Microsoft the first day; and the pen later on when it was first available for preorder. I have received two shipping notices for the pen and type cover to be delivered next week; and nothing for the SP. I'm hoping it will just show up today. Either way I'm heading to the Microsoft Store at lunch time to buy whatever I haven't received, and will return the late arrivals later. Not sure if I'll be able to get the student pricing I got for the online order if I don't have my college student daughter with me.

John2k14

This is a frustration post...
I can't get this think in Portugal, well I can get the SP i7/16/512 but not the Signature Type Cover ( it's only being sold on July 20), also the new Pen doesn't has a release date announced.
By comparison I tried to go for the Surface Laptop, the i7 model (16RAM), that is only available on August. I feel so frustrated right now, that if it weren't for the keyboard being in Portuguese layout, I would get a plane to some Europe country and buy one of this...
So there I said it...
Now I hope you're very happy with your purchase let us know how it performs, I currently have a SP3/i5/8/256 that needs to rest in peace so I'm looking forward to hear from you guys.

CrippsCorner

I wish you luck... my progress has been very disappointing so far. I ordered SP and type cover from Microsoft the first day; and the pen later on when it was first available for preorder. I have received two shipping notices for the pen and type cover to be delivered next week; and nothing for the SP. I'm hoping it will just show up today. Either way I'm heading to the Microsoft Store at lunch time to buy whatever I haven't received, and will return the late arrivals later. Not sure if I'll be able to get the student pricing I got for the online order if I don't have my college student daughter with me.

I'm the opposite to you!

Managed to talk to UPS and get my Surface redirected to a local collection point... so it's waiting for me to pick up after work now :) however, it seems my Type Cover hasn't been shipped yet! Is it the same connector as the original Surface Pro? Hopefully I can just whack that one on for the time being.

convergent

The plot thickens... both the UPS trackers for pen and type cover are now showing "Out for Delivery" but still also showing 3 Day select schedule for Monday. The weight on the type cover shipment (which was ordered together with the SP), is only 1 pound, so my assumption was that it couldn't include the SP. Given the dates are wrong, I am now suspecting that everything is on the truck! Or, I could end up with a pen and type cover and no SP.

CrippsCorner

Well... got my Surface! No keyboard though :( not even dispatched yet, and I've since noticed most are out of stock on the store, I hope I won't be waiting ages for it. Turns out the original Type Cover is not compatible so haven't done much with it yet!

Initial thoughts though, compared to the original of course:

• Very light
  • Kickstand is awesome, even the 'lapability' ;)
  • Setting up Windows with Cortana was awesome, especially as I didn't have the Type Cover lol
  • Speakers seem nice and loud
  • Windows Hello doesn't seem very good. Have had to redo it 3 times now and it's pretty slow even when it does work!
  • Placement of the Mini DisplayPort is annoying, means I can't have my cable going along the desk

convergent

Well... got my Surface! No keyboard though :( not even dispatched yet, and I've since noticed most are out of stock on the store, I hope I won't be waiting ages for it. Turns out the original Type Cover is not compatible so haven't done much with it yet!

• Very light
  • Setting up Windows with Cortana was awesome, especially as I didn't have the Type Cover lol
  • Windows Hello doesn't seem very good. Have had to redo it 3 times now and it's pretty slow even when it does work!
  • Placement of the Mini DisplayPort is annoying, means I can't have my cable going along the desk

Bummer on the keyboard. It is a mystery what is actually in the truck for me. Do you have a Microsoft Store or Best Buy near by?

edit - scratch that, I just saw you are in the UK.

BubbaUK

• Very light
As another UK potential purchaser, I see the Surface Pro and grey keyboards are available for click & collect at John Lewis/Waitrose. They also offer a 2 year warranty - what is the warranty on the Microsoft Store? Looks like one year as afar as I can tell.

Were there any benefits for pre-ordering via Microsoft - I can't see any incentives yet.

convergent

Some time after 8pm last night UPS finally delivered the two packages from Microsoft. Pen and type cover... no nSP. Checked on Microsoft store and no information there about what is going on, and no indication its shipped. So they charged my card for full amount and nothing about when I'll get it. I'm quite annoyed right now because both Best Buy and the Microsoft Store locally had them in stock yesterday. I'm going to head to the Microsoft Store today (with a bit of a bad attitude) and hopefully they still have them in stock. I will never pre-order anything again. I've heard other people have things like this happen and so hadn't preordered in the past. Lesson learned.

CrippsCorner

As another UK potential purchaser, I see the Surface Pro and grey keyboards are available for click & collect at John Lewis/Waitrose. They also offer a 2 year warranty - what is the warranty on the Microsoft Store? Looks like one year as afar as I can tell.

Were there any benefits for pre-ordering via Microsoft - I can't see any incentives yet.

Yes, education discount (£97.90 saving) and Quidco cashback (£42.34 saving)

They've updated the store to stating that the Type Covers will not be released until 30th June now :( bummer. So pointless even letting me have the machine first! Might just wrap it back up and wait, I want the full experience! I'm going away the day after so really hope it comes on the day of release or I'll have to take my old one...