What's new

Got mine !

convergent

I gave up and went to the Microsoft Store and bought one today. Glad to have it, but now I can't seem to cancel the online order that seems to not be doing anything, can't get anyone on the phone to discuss either. I can't get my money back until they send it to me so I can return it. Ugh. But glad to have a device in hand finally.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've replaced my Surface Book i7/16/256 with a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256 and I'm loving it thus far...need to get the new pen though. I'm super happy to be back on this form factor :)

I've loaded the latest Insider Fast Builds of Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro Plus.

BubbaUK

Yes, education discount (£97.90 saving) and Quidco cashback (£42.34 saving)

They've updated the store to stating that the Type Covers will not be released until 30th June now :( bummer. So pointless even letting me have the machine first! Might just wrap it back up and wait, I want the full experience! I'm going away the day after so really hope it comes on the day of release or I'll have to take my old one...

Yep, they had the new furry Alpaca (or whatever they call it) Type Covers for the Spro 4 in JL this weekend, but not the new Spro ones and said "next month" when asked. They didn't have the new pen either. I think I'll hang on until they are all available - someone may put together some bundles with discounts.

Good tip about Quidco thanks, 5% off Surface products via the Microsoft Store :)

Capture.PNG
Finally upgraded from my Surface Pro 3 and boy this thing scores high on Geekbench 4.1

I went for the i7 this time because the jump from the i5 with the Kaby Lake to i7 Kaby Lake is pretty large compared to the i5 - i7 Haswell versions

CrippsCorner

Finally got my Type Cover! I must admit it's my favourite thing about the new computer! Feels really smooth, keys have lovely travel, the touchpad is is another league to the original model in terms of size and what you can do with it and the back lighting is excellent in lower light (I was worried it wouldn't be due to an eye disorder I have)

My Surface does suffer from the light bleed fault, but I don't think it's going to bother me enough to replace it.

Plantje

I can be wrong, but I really don't understand how a light bleed fault is acceptable on a device that is most likely at least over $ 1000,-
Can anyone explain that to me? Light bleed doesn't get worse over time, does it?

convergent

I can be wrong, but I really don't understand how a light bleed fault is acceptable on a device that is most likely at least over $ 1000,-
Can anyone explain that to me? Light bleed doesn't get worse over time, does it?

Its not... that's why Microsoft has replaced them for people who have the problem. I don't believe in most cases it gets worse over time.