What's new

How to draw on pictures?

Photo's app doesn't seem to have the option. Neither does Windows Photo Viewer.

Is there any way to do it other than in paint (where you can't even erase your marks because the eraser itself leaves white marks. Not to mention paint is a bit hard to navigate)?

I would like to just open it from my OneDrive and just be able to draw on it right then and there.

OP
M

Modification

I downloaded both but how do you use the app on OneDrive? When I go to the picture then click "open with", it isn't listed under there. If I search for it, it doesnt pop up.

OP
M

Modification

Oh. So I have to actually open the application (Fresh Paint or Sketchbook) and then access the images that way? Because I can't open these apps from within OneDrive itself.

Also, Fresh Paint doesn't let me edit the photo for some reason. I open the photo I want to make annotations on and it just gives me the option of changing its size or its "type" (like Brush Oil, Wash Sketch, etch).

Sketchbook does let me draw on the picture but once it doesn't let me erase (via the pens erase button). I just have to press back in order to undo whatever action I just took. Also, once I am satisfied with my edits, I do not see a save button or a home button for that matter. I am just stuck on that page with my picture.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
FreshPaint allows you to use all of the painting elements on a photo, you just need to select the tool you want to use by swiping the tool palette down from the top of the screen. Sketchbook saves in a specific folder in you profile's Picture Directory IIRC.

As far as opening directly from explorer, neither one of these Apps registers itself a photo editor so that option isn't available.