What's new

I love OneNote, but I do wish for a couple things

kiwigirl

1) Being able to holding text that you have written in and copying and pasting it to another or new doc. This would save me a lot of eraser big sections of text. Cause I dont want to have to rewrite some stuff.

2) Having the option for it to go full screen or at least get rid, hide or resize the section and page columns. They eat up 30% of the screen.

MickeyLittle

You must be using the One Note app and not One Note from Office 2013? Well that doesn't matter, just pull up the menu in the Metro app at the bottom of the screen and choose Full Screen. If you are using the Full Version just click on the double arrow in the upper right section of the screen to toggle back and forth between full screen and section view.

Also I just use the select button on my stylus to select all the text that I want to copy and then after it is selected right click with a mouse and choose copy. Then open a new note and right click and hit paste.

Last edited:

leyvzilla

1) Being able to holding text that you have written in and copying and pasting it to another or new doc. This would save me a lot of eraser big sections of text. Cause I dont want to have to rewrite some stuff.

2) Having the option for it to go full screen or at least get rid, hide or resize the section and page columns. They eat up 30% of the screen.

You can do both of those things on the onenote app. Im constantly having to copy and paste a drawn graph to all my other notes.

1.Lasso the words with the pen button then copy them. Start another document and touch the page with your finger so that the keyboard comes up and you will see a little bubble pop up with paste them.

2.Swipe from the bottom for extra settings and full screen. Hope that helps.

OP
K

kiwigirl

You can do both of those things on the onenote app. Im constantly having to copy and paste a drawn graph to all my other notes.

1.Lasso the words with the pen button then copy them. Start another document and touch the page with your finger so that the keyboard comes up and you will see a little bubble pop up with paste them.

2.Swipe from the bottom for extra settings and full screen. Hope that helps.

Which button on the pen is the lasso? I hit the side ones and its back and fwd and the top purple one is to open a new page.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Which button on the pen is the lasso? I hit the side ones and its back and fwd and the top purple one is to open a new page.

upload_2015-2-7_10-23-17.png

OP
K

kiwigirl

Got a question. Whats the difference between OneNote the Program and OneNote the app?

Is the full better to use on the SP3? And remove the app?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Got a question. Whats the difference between OneNote the Program and OneNote the app?

Is the full better to use on the SP3? And remove the app?
Like all of the Desktop Versions of Office - Full Featured and Powerful hurts battery life
Touch First Version - Subset of most used features, touch friendly and has much less impact on battery life

OP
K

kiwigirl

thanks
Like all of the Desktop Versions of Office - Full Featured and Powerful hurts battery life
Touch First Version - Subset of most used features, touch friendly and has much less impact on battery life

Interesting. Played around with both and seems the app is much more simplified and quicker to get to things in some ways.
I dont care about battery life really as I always have mine plugged in anyways.

Full screen in the program doesnt work as well as I hoped. Still cant have a quick pen/erase pop up menu like you do in the app. Thats one of the best features about the app, how it auto hides and pops up.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
while I agree on the floating pen dock thing, it is pretty great. I find in 2013 when in full screen it's a little cumbersome to change to a highlighter etc, especially if time is of the essence.

However i ended up sticking with onenote 2013 because things were simply easier. I often have a note open and i'm annotating and feel like quickly googling something and pasting a snippet or a picture or whathave you alongside, well i just found 2013 to be so much more convenient due to the annoying win 8.1 (dual) OS. The range of pens and such is also a bonus if you find yourself limited by the apps selection (i typically use about 4 pens and 3 highlighters which is not too convenient in the app)