What's new

30 day is all it took to break the glass

malberttoo

Really why can't they use a surface that isn't so slick?

My buddy has an HTC smartphone of some kind, about 3 years old now. But he keeps it because it has some kind of grippy surface on the back that he loves and won't part with.

Maybe a good idea for some kind of aftermarket product...

malberttoo

Really why can't they use a surface that isn't so slick?

My buddy has an HTC smartphone of some kind, about 3 years old now. But he keeps it because it has some kind of grippy surface on the back that he loves and won't part with.

Maybe a good idea for some kind of aftermarket product...

mmoran27

Seems like an issue with the amount of glue on some units. Probably heat expansion is enough to crack screen if there was already stress involved in installation process.

Those pictures make me cringe... and also make me glad I got the complete coverage from Microsoft. Even with the coverage though, if that happened to me I think I still might shed a tear or two.

malberttoo

Those pictures make me cringe... and also make me glad I got the complete coverage from Microsoft. Even with the coverage though, if that happened to me I think I still might shed a tear or two.

Me too. If it happens let me know and I'll shed a tear with you... ;)

gtext

Anyone else seen or had this happen?
Around that area is where you would hold it in a portrait position.
This does look like a weak area if using it and holding it as a tablet.

Mine is due on the 28th, but I'm more than a bit concerned now, as it looks like we don't have the option of the extended warranty in Australia.

Liam2349

Sounds like no one else has had this happen.

I think it's a rare case. I'll probably be using mine a lot in portrait as unlike SP2, it looks like SP3 is a good fit for portrait, especially for writing - I'll let you know if it breaks ;)