What's new

Solved i5 users with XTU

megatronium

Please run the Graphics Stress Test and report your findings here. What does your graphics frequency peak at? What is the average? What is the low? I'm curious as to what your numbers are. Thanks!

Cothek

Would you be upset if I requested i7 users as well?

I have an i7 and here are my results:
08-27 Balanced.png

Quick question....is there a way to make XTU auto launch after a restart other than adding a shortcut to the start up folder?

OP
M

megatronium

Would you be upset if I requested i7 users as well?

I have an i7 and here are my results:
View attachment 3428

Not at all. I'm interested in the fact that it shows a max freq. of 5000 but the numbers I get when I run it are similar to what you both reported. I wondered if it was due to my beta graphics driver or if it's not reporting correctly. The majority of the time it is at 599 like others have reported. What makes the frequency go up if not a GPU stress test??

OP
M

megatronium

I'm not running XTU anymore and not running beta drivers. get 9 hours on battery. YMMV.

While that's great information, I'm more interested in how the graphics card (frequency) responds to stress testing, why the frequency seems to stay at a low number, and what would cause it to increase or idle at a certain speed. :)

drzeller

Just ran it on my I5 256. Most of the time it was up around 950. Then it dropped down somewhat linearly to the 600's. Note how my throttling dropped when the GPU speed dropped. I happened to put my hand on the back side of the upper right corner at that time. I have noticed that using my hand as a heat sync drops the throttling and fan levels. I am guessing that this helps the CPU, but hinders the graphics. Hence the inverse reaction in the graph at that point of time. Note that I do not block the fan holes, and would not recommend ever doing so :).

David

xtupic.PNG