What's new

Microsoft Patch Tuesday today!

CreativeLemming

I have the same issue as Dim-Ize. I wonder if anybody who's had a successful update could post their driver versions, mine are:

UEFI: 2.4.250.0
Aggregator: 2.3.650.0
Embedded Controller Firmware: 23.7.50.0
Firmware Resource: 6.3.9600.16384

...if it was an issue with updating without the keyboard attached, at least we'll know if our firmware is actually up to date (but no idea how I tell if the keyboard has been updated??)

OP
O

olimjj

I have the same issue as Dim-Ize. I wonder if anybody who's had a successful update could post their driver versions, mine are:

UEFI: 2.4.250.0
Aggregator: 2.3.650.0
Embedded Controller Firmware: 23.7.50.0
Firmware Resource: 6.3.9600.16384

...if it was an issue with updating without the keyboard attached, at least we'll know if our firmware is actually up to date (but no idea how I tell if the keyboard has been updated??)

My firmware update was indicated as follow

System Firmware Update - ‎12/‎10/‎2013 Installation date: ‎12/‎10/‎2013 2:02 PM Installation status: Succeeded

My driver versions were exactly the same as yours.

jollywombat

I checked and even though it looks like all the driver/firmware updates applied successfully, the update itself said it failed for some reason. I found instructions on how to resolve this however on the microsoft firmware post.

RESOLUTION FOR FAILED 12/10/2013 FIRMWARE UPDATE:

1. Open command prompt and run: NET STOP WUAUSERV

2. Delete the following file: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\datastore.edb

3. Open start menu and type DISK CLEANUP and choose CLEAN UP SYSTEM FILES. Make sure that windows software updates are selected and perform disk cleanup.

4. REBOOT

5. Run windows update, all history will be gone but it will detect the firmware update again and this time it should install sucessfully.

Hopefully this works for everyone else. A friend of mine and myself used this successfully.

Did it take long? It's showing "Getting devices ready" on mine, it's been at least 30 minutes with that message and the rotating circle of dots.

CreativeLemming

I checked and even though it looks like all the driver/firmware updates applied successfully, the update itself said it failed for some reason. I found instructions on how to resolve this however on the microsoft firmware post.

RESOLUTION FOR FAILED 12/10/2013 FIRMWARE UPDATE:

1. Open command prompt and run: NET STOP WUAUSERV

2. Delete the following file: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\datastore.edb

3. Open start menu and type DISK CLEANUP and choose CLEAN UP SYSTEM FILES. Make sure that windows software updates are selected and perform disk cleanup.

4. REBOOT

5. Run windows update, all history will be gone but it will detect the firmware update again and this time it should install sucessfully.

Hopefully this works for everyone else. A friend of mine and myself used this successfully.

Great, this seems to have worked for me! After a reboot I now see 'system Hardware Update' in my update log.

Thanks JollyWombat!

Swissmorgy

In my case, the firmware update seemed to run though successfully (took a long time to download, then the Windows screen said firmware update for quite some time). Everything seems to work fine, the firmware number is the new one but my history also says the update failed. Hhmmm

OP
O

olimjj

Summary of Tuesday updates:
for Surface Pro 2:

•Intel HD Graphics (v10.18.10.3345)
•Improved system stability, including minimizing full screen games.
•Color fidelity improvements for all applications. Enhanced audio experience when connected to a Display Port 1.2 device.
•Marvell AVASTAR WiFi and Bluetooth Driver (v14.69.24049.160)
•Wi-Fi driver update for an improved Wireless Display experience and connectivity with Wireless Access Points.
•Surface Type Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.226.0)
•Surface Touch Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v1.0.280.0)
•Optimized two finger track pad use.
•Surface Pro UEFI (v 2.04.0250)
•Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (2.03.0650)
•Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (23.07.50)
•Improved Surface Cover Interaction including power-saving sleep functionality.