What's new

My SP3 froze in a meeting

WorldIRC

My SP3 froze in a meeting yesterday while reviewing a high-value contract with a client. How embarrassing :(

/end rant

Dim-Ize

Where you presenting - as in from PowerPoint? What were you doing when it froze?

No doubt, that is embarrassing. I had a similar scenario with Miracast earlier this year. Remember though, your customer is buying from you, not MS. You're the one that delivers the value, the ROI, and the experience.

Rugbyguy541

I have had that happen when trying to show off for friends. Before I teach a class, I restart my SP3 and go through and kill of all non-essential functions. I teach classes for my co-workers, so I get teased a lot if my stuff doesn't work. I'm the "nerd" of the shift, so I get lots of crap if I try and do new cool stuff and it doesn't work haha.

OP
W

WorldIRC

Where you presenting - as in from PowerPoint? What were you doing when it froze?

No doubt, that is embarrassing. I had a similar scenario with Miracast earlier this year. Remember though, your customer is buying from you, not MS. You're the one that delivers the value, the ROI, and the experience.

I simply had Adobe Reader open (Metro UI). I was just going through a 15 page contract / PDF (client had their own copies to follow along so I didn't need to project onto a screen). All apps were closed.

It's Windows; it happens. Just annoying.

OP
W

WorldIRC

Agreed; I already won the deal anyway. I was just there going through some points with purchasing and legal for my client.

tuchas

Hmmm... Macs may crash, but they crash a mere fraction of the time that this thing does. I have to reboot my SP3 at least once a day, and frankly it's getting old. MS better fix this nonsense or I'm done.

ctitanic

Hmmm... Macs may crash, but they crash a mere fraction of the time that this thing does. I have to reboot my SP3 at least once a day, and frankly it's getting old. MS better fix this nonsense or I'm done.
Well, I don't know what are you doing and have installed in your PRO3 because I never have seen mine crashing. I have not seen a BSD since long time ago and never in this machine.

OP
W

WorldIRC

For me; this was the only time it's frozen. That being said...my Lenovo W520 with Windows 7 has only frozen 2 or 3 times in the nearly 3 years I've had it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What the heck have you loaded on your SP3? I haven't seen a crash on mine and I use it 14+ hours a day...

bamaster

Mine crashed a few times in the two weeks I had it but I didn't worry about it. It's a thing I, being an avid early adopter, am used to. The SP2 and X1 Carbon were both buggy as hell at first, but now They're pretty rock solid.

I've had a Macbook Pro and Air. They were anything but perfect when I upgraded to Lion. For me, Mac OS's biggest problem is Mac OS. I just hate it. hehe