What's new

Note taking?

mr.dj26

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting the SP3(after seeing the reviews:in love:) to replace my papers and books. I would like to know your thoughts, does the digitizer replace the paper and pen?

I haven't used windows 8 or 8.1 but I know the snap feature and I want to know if its possible to snap chrome browser with a the note app and cut pictures or text from chrome and past them in the note directly. I mean just like the samsung note or what ever it it , I did not use one but I saw a commercial doing that copy and paste thing :p

Thanks in advance :D

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using TabletPCs since 2003 and haven't taken paper based notes since then. I have OneNote Notebooks dating back 11 years, all searchable (as ink is treated like any typed text in Windows). This SP3 aspect ratio is perfect for notes and reading large tomes of reference material.

With any Windows 8 machine that is possible, with the SP3 is it supper easy using the Pen by double clicking the top pen button, selecting the part of the screen and it then pasts the clip into your notes.

scfoster

Depends on how you take notes. If you have a paper notebook or post-it note or scrap of paper handy, you're on the phone and have to write something down, you'll more than likely reach for an ink pen than the stylus/SP3. That is unless you have the discipline to use the SP3, even though it does take more effort up front.

The payoff is that you have everything in one place. I have a Samsung Note 3 to provide the "scrap paper" availability when the SP3 isn't handy.

So it can be done but it can be difficult at first.

OP
M

mr.dj26

Depends on how you take notes. If you have a paper notebook or post-it note or scrap of paper handy, you're on the phone and have to write something down, you'll more than likely reach for an ink pen than the stylus/SP3. That is unless you have the discipline to use the SP3, even though it does take more effort up front.

The payoff is that you have everything in one place. I have a Samsung Note 3 to provide the "scrap paper" availability when the SP3 isn't handy.

So it can be done but it can be difficult at first.

thank you, i'll be using it for studying online and taking notes. I hate paper because they just mess up the place and sometimes I lose them.

OP
M

mr.dj26

I've been using TabletPCs since 2003 and haven't taken paper based notes since then. I have OneNote Notebooks dating back 11 years, all searchable (as ink is treated like any typed text in Windows). This SP3 aspect ratio is perfect for notes and reading large tomes of reference material.

With any Windows 8 machine that is possible, with the SP3 is it supper easy using the Pen by double clicking the top pen button, selecting the part of the screen and it then pasts the clip into your notes.

2003 *_* you have to be a tech guy lol, thanks for your response

scfoster

2003 *_* you have to be a tech guy lol, thanks for your response

Also started in 2003 with the Newton. :p

newton-right.jpg

scottysize

I started taking electronic notes when I got my first MacBook. I have yet to go back to writing. While I still type my notes, I am trying to learn to go back to writing them on the surface. Only time will tell if I go back to using the pen, or as I call it, stylus.

For now I keep grabbing my iPad and typing in notepad. I have been bringing my SP3 to work to use as a note taking device, but the iPad keeps getting picked up. Its probably because all my notes are in Apple Notepad. I need to put that thing down and start storing notes in OneNote. LOL

scottysize

Modern UI or Desktop?

Modern UI - Swipe from the bottom press the paper button and select show rule lines

Desktop - Select the View Tab and then Rule Lines

Enjoy....

No thanks button? Thanks. I found it, but you would have helped me :p

Update: Found the "Like" link. This isn't my first day on a forum. Geez. Thanks JN!

Last edited: