What's new

One note

jwisner

Hi I just wanted to see if there are any tutorials or tips on how to use the one note app?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
J

jwisner

all of these tutorials are for the desktop version, not the app version. for some reason all of my notes are zoomed in and i cant zoom them out

MadCruzer

all of these tutorials are for the desktop version, not the app version. for some reason all of my notes are zoomed in and i cant zoom them out
Bring out the charm bar on the app and click on options. By default, zoom is disabled. Enable it, but it seems you need to use the pinch zoom gesture on the trackpad to actually zoom in and out. I use the pen normally and write relatively large on the screen so the zoom is fine for me, but typing does appear smaller.

chantc

Yes..are there tutorials for the tablet version? I'm having trouble "saving" my edits on pdfs. I thought the app automatically saves but doesn't appear to be so, and the Youtube tutorials thus far have not been helpful. Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes..are there tutorials for the tablet version? I'm having trouble "saving" my edits on pdfs. I thought the app automatically saves but doesn't appear to be so, and the Youtube tutorials thus far have not been helpful. Thanks
We need more info, When you say PDFs, are you sending PDFs to OneNote and marking them up? Or are you exporting your marked up OneNote Pages to PDF and are unable to see the annotations?

chantc

We need more info, When you say PDFs, are you sending PDFs to OneNote and marking them up? Or are you exporting your marked up OneNote Pages to PDF and are unable to see the annotations?
Yes the latter. I imported a pdf to One note, marked it up, and while it stays marked in the One note on the SP3, it doesn't get "saved" per se and sending it to One drive didn't include the mark ups so when viewing the document on my desktop that is sync to One drive I see the original, not the marked up version

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the latter. I imported a pdf to One note, marked it up, and while it stays marked in the One note on the SP3, it doesn't get "saved" per se and sending it to One drive didn't include the mark ups so when viewing the document on my desktop that is sync to One drive I see the original, not the marked up version
Then you have a Syncing issue between the two, what is your Internet Connection Speed? Is it metered or High Latency?

chantc

That I don't know. It's at work. So you are saying there isn't anything physically that I need to do...and it should sync. So maybe it's just that I need to wait a bit or check the sync settings?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That I don't know. It's at work. So you are saying there isn't anything physically that I need to do...and it should sync. So maybe it's just that I need to wait a bit or check the sync settings?
As long as both machines are using the same Microsoft Account syncing should be seamless without any intervention.