What's new

Pen Inking when hovering above screen

John B

Has anyone had a problem with their pen starting to write in OneNote when it is above the screen. I take notes everyday and this is the first time I've seen this happen. Oddly enough I just went to do a screen capture test and it is back to normal. Weird!!!

mcsenerd

Wow... That is strange. I've never had that happen, in fact I've had the opposite happen where I get no hover until I actually touch the screen with the pen (very rare).

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'v enot noticed it inking, but as I use the pen a lot instead of using the trackpad in normal desktop mode I did notice it was selecting an option on a dropdown tool bar when I was just hovering the other day. I just put that down to the program not being set up for touch/pen input but maybe not!

OP
J

John B

This is the first time it has happened to me. I've had the ink move a couple of mm to the right from time to time, too.

Eon

Do you fiddle around with the screw cap? I found myself doing that a few times and wondered if it was the cause.

Every time it's happened I've completely removed the cap to disconnect the battery for a few seconds then screwed it back up again and it works fine again - I've never done the screen capture method though

Liam2349

Is there a mouse or the cover attached when this happens? Could you be hovering with the pen and accidentally left clicking with the trackpad or mouse?

Eon

I've only had it happen a few times, and I'm fairly sure I didn't have the cover attached at the time.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This can happen if there is Static Electricity in the area, or even plugged in to source that isn't fully grounded....

Eon

Just now, I was able to induce my pen to print ink even when not in contact with the screen, twice. And it seems fiddling around with the pen screw cap is one way to set it off.