What's new

Pro 2 won't switch on after screen replacement

Dave1954

I replaced my surface pro 2 screen/digitizer assembly as it was damaged. The unit was working prior to the replacement. Once the new screen was installed I tried to switch on the unit to check the screen was working. I charged it overnight. The unit will not switch on. The unit will not boot as it seems as if it is not getting power. I have tried holding down the power button for 30 sec and holding the power and volume up button to 15 secs, neither work. Please could somebody help.

lou61166

I replaced my surface pro 2 screen/digitizer assembly as it was damaged. The unit was working prior to the replacement. Once the new screen was installed I tried to switch on the unit to check the screen was working. I charged it overnight. The unit will not switch on. The unit will not boot as it seems as if it is not getting power. I have tried holding down the power button for 30 sec and holding the power and volume up button to 15 secs, neither work. Please could somebody help.
Are you sure it is power related, it could be the flat cable from the LCD to the logic board is not seated right or damaged, does the light on the magnetic charger turn green when plugged in

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double check connections and cables.
Does it turn on with the screen unplugged? connect a monitor via DP port or USB dock/display adapter.