Settings App freezes up when About tab is selected

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by LeeMc71, Dec 4, 2015.

1. LeeMc71

LeeMc71 New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I have had an ongoing bug with Windows 10 Settings App on my SP3. Most of the time (but not always) the Settings app freezes up (locks up the App) when I navigate to >System>About (click the mouse on About). I can close the app window, but when I do so the settings menu item on the Startup Menu no longer works (i.e. I click Settings and the app does not launch). Note that when I restart the PC or shut down, the settings app will now launch, but the problem with About tab freezing up will recur most of the time. Perhaps 20% of the time the About PC information will appear normally.

My current build is Windows 10 Pro 10586.17. I reset the PC yesterday, so this is a fresh Windows 10 build, but the problem persists.

Anyone experience this problem and/or have advice to fix?

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

I never noticed this until the recent "Fall" update... but it happened every time so I don't go there anymore ;)

3. LeeMc71

LeeMc71 New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Glad to hear I'm not the only SP3 owner with this bug. I have two other laptops running Windows 10, ASUS and Sony Vaio, and neither has this problem.

4. awekcun609

awekcun609 Member

Happen to me too

5. majorgearhead

majorgearhead Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Count me in as well. This has happened in every version of Windows 10 since its release. I find if I have been using the SP3 for a longer period and go in there that this is when this is more likely to happen. Right after boot up I can get in there. Not a big deal but more of an attention to detail kind of thing.