What's new

So close..

raqball

Damn! Who delivered that thing?

I'm sure the SP3 is fine but holy box abuse by the carrier.. I'd file a complaint with the delivery company either way..

kundas1

Looks like someone has a grudge against you lol but yea I would definitely make a complaint!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont delivery companies usually have a policy of asking you to refuse delivery if the packaging is broken, and should you not do so at that time, then any future issues encountered upon opening the package having signed for it, are not their problem.

The sp3 box looks like its in a fine condition from what i can tell. Just looks like they used a box way too big for the purpose and it naturally ended up being flattened a bit.

OP
U

untilcomplete

Dont delivery companies usually have a policy of asking you to refuse delivery if the packaging is broken, and should you not do so at that time, then any future issues encountered upon opening the package having signed for it, are not their problem.

The sp3 box looks like its in a fine condition from what i can tell. Just looks like they used a box way too big for the purpose and it naturally ended up being flattened a bit.

Yes they do but I'll be traveling for a few weeks tomorrow so if it's damaged I will be exchanging it at the nearest Microsoft Store tonight :)

dleuen

Oh man! I hope it is ok. At least it looks like the bubble wrap still has some air in it and the Surface box itself doesn't look too bad. My guess is that the device survived. I sure hope so.

Telstar1948

Why is it that shippers throw the boxed item (SP3, Dock whatever) into a much larger box, drop some rolled up bubble wrap on top of the item (nothing underneath the item between it and the bigger box) and let 'er go? That box looks like the one my Dock came in...and it had a sheet or two of bubble wrap dropped on top with nothing between the Dock and the bigger shipping box beneath it. Turned out the Dock was fine, but that wasn't by design...just blind luck.

olimjj

Hercule Poirot would have probably traced the driver back to a frustrated and vengefiul MacBook Air user.:D

Last edited:
OP
U

untilcomplete

I'm typing this from my new SP3 so everything seems to be fine. Although I bought the i5/128gb I think it may end up going back for the 256gb..