What's new

Solved Sp3: System and System interrups waste 20/25% cpu - heating

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I'm using just 2 softwares that are using java, and firefox, that's all, I tried even without those softwares and there is the issue. Action center is notifing of course that I don't have the automatic windows updates, because I disabled it to make it manual because people said that this could cause the issue of system - system interrupts etc that was loading cpu. Now I make windows update again in automatic I check if change something again.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

nothing always the same, I put again in automatic windows updates so any notification in the action center. Why should I refresh? I use internet since 1998, I bought a new pc and for the stress of the upgrade I waited most I can, I just installed 5/6 basic softwares I need and everybody use, I should not have this issue, unique now is to find some microsoft windows 8.1 support and stress them. It's really ridicolous as they said abobe that microsoft hardware... and software, and we still are here to speak of magic issues while apple people is enjoing their devices, even if not good for job like windows, hassle free, trouble free.!

megatronium

nothing always the same, I put again in automatic windows updates so any notification in the action center. Why should I refresh? I use internet since 1998, I bought a new pc and for the stress of the upgrade I waited most I can, I just installed 5/6 basic softwares I need and everybody use, I should not have this issue, unique now is to find some microsoft windows 8.1 support and stress them. It's really ridicolous as they said abobe that microsoft hardware... and software, and we still are here to speak of magic issues while apple people is enjoing their devices, even if not good for job like windows, hassle free, trouble free.!

1. Perhaps you have a faulty device? Exchange it or refresh and if it continues, exchange it. You've only installed 2 programs.

2. Let the SP3 run like I've suggested several times. It will not damage the SP3 and if it does, see option #1. Your warranty would cover it.

3. Return the SP3 and buy a different ultrabook like the Yoga 2 or wait for a Core M hybrid device.

4. If none of the previous options are appealing, perhaps you are better off with the iPad/MacBook combo? They are "hassle free, trouble free" and you can install Windows on the MacBook.

malberttoo

what means to do a refresh, and why?

Hey Enrico, you should do a reset as @GreyFox7 recommended. It will re-install Windows on your SP3. You should back up any important data first, and when it comes back up, you will have to re-install your applications.

Resetting it worked wonders on my SP3. It was buggy and irritable before, and then after the reset it became the SP3 that I always wanted it to be. @Danielo290881 had the same experience as I.

Follow the instructions here, it is very simple and will take about 20 minutes- http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...recovery/restore-refresh-or-reset-surface-pro

You want the options for "reset".

Let us know how it goes.

Aegeas

You mentioned having Windows Update turned off. You do have all of the updates, right?

Also, Java apps and Firefox are notorious memory hogs. Have you checked to see if they are causing the issue?

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

wow thanks for the lot of messages all in one time! So I answer to all:

1. I don't give up with surface pro 3 because I believe that is the future!!!! the future is this, like tablet changed our lifes with android and ios, this tablet of microsoft will be the future for our job in windows. I tried in the past mini itx... to avoid the continous choose of laptops with their problems, and even mini itx are trouble makers if you want to close the case... I then found intel nuc and gigabyte brix, even them full of review were they was complaining about fan, cpu load etc etc, then I discovered videos of surface pro2 and while I was ordering they announced the surface pro 3.

2. about my surface, of course it is updated, I just disabled yesterday the windows update to see if I could resolve the issue. I use firefox and yes I have drive with continous sync. I will disable it now to see if help.

3. I have 2 hava software I need for finance, one is taking 7/8% cpu some time because it give this problems that use too much resources, but I don't see this connected to the system process going up because this happen if I leave just my pc and pc understand there is not anymore activity, then those software if I reduce/minimize they go down to 1/2% cpu

4. About the reset, do you want to say me that some of you had sp3 with problems and doing this reset can make it better of how it was when you bought it? like this reset put windows in better way that it is when we unpack the sp3? just clarify this, why you are so sure about this reset.

My problem is this, I just wait year to choose which system to upgrade from desktop, and Sp3 is perfect for me if I can just let it work as some of you can.
I write you with a logitech bluetooh keyboard with no batteries... same mouse with no batteries, soon I will have a bluetooh speaker and no cablers again, I just recharge them with micro usb.
To the tablet I attach via mini display port a 30 inch and via usb a usb powered asus 15.6 full hd for when I will travel. It is just perfect.

To me cost a lot of stress now to refresh/reset, but if I have to do I will do it in the next weekend.

I ordered another Sp3 i5 for my wife. So as it arrive I can install my staff on it and then try to adjust this i7 sp3. Ok? and I let you know.

Now last thing, my Sp3 i7 is the lot 1429....... that is written in internet that lots 1428/1429 has trouble with high cpu temperature, fan etc etc, can my issue be connected to the lot unlucky or we are speaking of something different however?

malberttoo

4. About the reset, do you want to say me that some of you had sp3 with problems and doing this reset can make it better of how it was when you bought it? like this reset put windows in better way that it is when we unpack the sp3? just clarify this, why you are so sure about this reset.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. My SP3 was brand new out of the box, used 3 or 4 weeks. Updated from Microsoft as the updates came out. But still had weird issues, poor battery life, SP3 not waking up, WiFi issues, etc. Finally I did a full reset (not "refresh"), and my SP3 was totally different. I let it update in the background as it wanted to.

Many other members have had this same experience. I am definitely not trying to talk you into it, I am only offering it up to you as a last-ditch option, as it seems you have done an excellent job of trying every other means to fix your problems. You may reset it and still have the issues, but at least at that point we could feel a lot better about saying it was a hardware defect.

I just think a number of SP3's came off the assembly line already buggy.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I have very limited Internet access from this undisclosed location. its like your machine has gotten Ebola and Refresh is the best cure available. :)

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

wow thank you very much so for the RESET option, I will try to back up again all my files and settings of most important softwares and I will try to re-install it this week-end. At this point I will spend less time to try it first than to read the SYSTEM issue in windows 8.1 because google is full ot it... and dozens of different reasons... I tried today even without external monitor, to reboot etc nothing to do, it is always here the issue. I will update you so if sp3 is still in life for sunday night.