What's new

Surface...From Bust to Boom!

mitchellvii

I blame Lenovo for the Surface's success. If they had made the Yoga Pro Line pen capable, the SP3 would never have gotten off the ground. Think about this. Lenovo has a HUGE mega-hit with the Yoga Pro Line and they hamstring it for business users by leaving out the pen, thus opening the door wide for SP3 to fill a need? All this to force us to pay more for their Yoga Thinkpad (i.e., inferior) product?

MS smart. Lenovo so so dumb.

P.S., I had a Y2P which I LOVED but sold it to buy a SP3 because of the pen flexibility. Other than the pen (ok, and the 3:2 ratio), I liked everything about the Yoga 2 Pro better than the SP3. And there you have it Lenovo you stupid stupid people.

the yoga line of laptops are still a win though IMO, even without a pen. I purchased one and really didn't give a thought about how useful the different positions you could place the laptop in are. It's slightly better typing experience, using it on your lap is better, more usb ports, using it in stand mode on your lap as a tablet is absolutely awesome. I know a lot of people complain about the sp3 trackpad but in my experience the sp3 trackpad is the best, even better than Lenovo's .

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Lenovo has the pen with the ThinkPad Yoga and it uses Wacom. The issue with the Yoga Line is they are way to heavy for a mobile solution, they are chunky Ultrabooks that can in a pinch at as a Tablet.