What's new

Surface Hub updated

I think it would be good to disable the button only in certain apps. In OneNote I still catch it sometimes.

This. I only want the button disabled when I am writing notes. At other times, I need that button to go back home. It would be probably have to be a feature incorporated into OneNote itself.

snowcherries

Turn your SP3 and put the bezel with the button towards the north. You wont catch it anymore.

that's what i do when annotating etc, just use it upside down.

am trying it out anyway to make sure it works, as someone else said i had to restart first...my update was via windows store not windows update if anyone was confused on why they don't have it yet.

msolok

What would be good is if it would allow you to Disable the Home button and reassign the Pen top button to home. Then when you go to do notes (in say Onenote) you can disable the home button and since you won't be using the top button to go to Onenote you can use it to go home. Perfect!

OP
G

Gary.M

What would be good is if it would allow you to Disable the Home button and reassign the Pen top button to home. Then when you go to do notes (in say Onenote) you can disable the home button and since you won't be using the top button to go to Onenote you can use it to go home. Perfect!
Or you can just swipe from the right

Turn your SP3 and put the bezel with the button towards the north. You wont catch it anymore.

I always write in landscape mode because I need to split the screen with another app. And I can't flip it to make the home button on the left either because I need to use the stand.

BillJ

Oh dear...
So MS has seen a need for flexibility with its Windows button, and designed (a very elegant looking) Surface Hub to include an "on-off" switch.
How many hours of planning, coding, writing, and disseminating went into this effort?
It simply doesn't work.
This is embarrassingly tragic. In some ways, even insulting.
I hope there is a fix for this quickly, to avoid more catcalls from the antiMS crowd

kristalsoldier

Oh dear...
So MS has seen a need for flexibility with its Windows button, and designed (a very elegant looking) Surface Hub to include an "on-off" switch.
How many hours of planning, coding, writing, and disseminating went into this effort?
It simply doesn't work.
This is embarrassingly tragic. In some ways, even insulting.
I hope there is a fix for this quickly, to avoid more catcalls from the antiMS crowd

What do you mean it does not work? It seems to work just fine on my SP3. Or, am I missing something?

BillJ

Oops, sorry.
I believe I vented my spleen before engaging my brain...
Not good when viscera get in the way of intellect.