What's new

Solved Surface Pro 3 i7 HD5000 Graphics Panel Lost

Hi, Had my Surface Pro 3 for over a week now and loving it. Been playing battlefield 4 and it seems to be working well. When I right click on the desktop I am sure there was a Intel Graphics Panel option. For some reason mine has disappeared. Has anybody else lost this panel? How do I get it back? Hope you can help, I posted the question on the Microsoft website but have not yet had an answer.

ctitanic

Hi, Had my Surface Pro 3 for over a week now and loving it. Been playing battlefield 4 and it seems to be working well. When I right click on the desktop I am sure there was a Intel Graphics Panel option. For some reason mine has disappeared. Has anybody else lost this panel? How do I get it back? Hope you can help, I posted the question on the Microsoft website but have not yet had an answer.
If you updated the graphics driver manually from Intel you will get the panel. The drivers coming from MS update do not have the panel. So Windows update may have disabled the panel.

Oh, and Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't recall that... can you provide a screen shot :)

Seriously, I don't have that either and don't remember seeing it. So you are not alone anyway. it appears to be part of the Intel driver package install best I can tell from a cursory look.

If it was there and isn't now Id think a driver update eliminated it, perhaps for a reason. I guess we'll see what others have to say.

megatronium

I have beta Intel drivers 10.18.10.3652. You have to install these manually. The control panel is there for me. Gives some nice additional options such as "performance" mode. Also, you can use OpenCL with these drivers in CC2014 and 3D applications.

OP
L

Lawrence Overman

I have beta Intel drivers 10.18.10.3652. You have to install these manually. The control panel is there for me. Gives some nice additional options such as "performance" mode. Also, you can use OpenCL with these drivers in CC2014 and 3D applications.

Hi Thanks for all the replies. Do you have a link for the drivers.

OP
L

Lawrence Overman

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried to install but is says this driver will not install as it is not validated for this computer. Any ideas?

megatronium

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried to install but is says this driver will not install as it is not validated for this computer. Any ideas?
Extract the driver. Update the driver via Device Manager. Look in the folder where the driver is extracted and Windows will see the .ini file. Select it and you're g2g.