What's new

The sp3 really is capable of everything

mtalinm

I'm convinced that the surface should be the standard for schools. Forget anything else.

yep. my kid's school gave up on chromebooks after a year. bought him a surface 2 and it has been perfect. by comparison, my other kid's high school uses ipads for everything and it's incredibly limiting

compnovo

If it wasn't for the AAA games I like to play the SP3 could be my only computer. However, I'm still "somewhat" addicted to Tomb Raider :p and I like to build my own desktops.

OP
G

goodintentions

yep. my kid's school gave up on chromebooks after a year. bought him a surface 2 and it has been perfect. by comparison, my other kid's high school uses ipads for everything and it's incredibly limiting
My beef with iOS is printing. There is no native api for printing in iOS. In other words, it's not a serious work device. It's closer to a toy that most people think.

ScottyS

My beef with iOS is printing. There is no native api for printing in iOS. In other words, it's not a serious work device. It's closer to a toy that most people think.
And multi-tasking. You can't drag and drop text from one window to another on an iPad.

offshell

I guess I've been using it enough now because I just spent a minute trying to poke the screen on my macbook pro before I realized what I was doing. The only things on my wish list yet are LTE and better battery life. Looking forward to only having to take the SP3 traveling.

kristalsoldier

I guess I've been using it enough now because I just spent a minute trying to poke the screen on my macbook pro before I realized what I was doing. The only things on my wish list yet are LTE and better battery life. Looking forward to only having to take the SP3 traveling.

While I don't "only" take the SP3 on my travels - I also carry the iPad Air - the SP3 is the best travel device that I have ever carried. Since June 20, 2014, it has travelled with me across three continents and numerous countries and it has performed exceedingly well. I am sure you are going to enjoy working and travelling with it!

ptrkhh

But theyre completely understandable. Considering how cheap Chromebooks are, compared to Surface devices. Theyre almost half the price.

(I don't know about iPads though...consider that its kinda silly to teach kids to use toys)

mtalinm

But theyre completely understandable. Considering how cheap Chromebooks are, compared to Surface devices. Theyre almost half the price.

(I don't know about iPads though...consider that its kinda silly to teach kids to use toys)

back then, yes. now, HP Stream laptops are chromebook price and are real machiens.

ptrkhh

back then, yes. now, HP Stream laptops are chromebook price and are real machiens.
Sure it is real machines, but I couldn't think myself using it. Something with a screen that horrible combined with Windows 8 without touch is really a recipe for disaster

I would still pick the OG Surface RT over this, or the first wave of Atom tablets (Clover Trail)