What's new

To all college students that has the surface pro 3

Dblkk

Do you have any issue when going to class and connect to different hotpot on campus wireless at different building and location ? does the wireless keep dropping off ?

How about the battery life ?

Have you use the pen in any math class ( like calculus, statistic, physics) and writing essays then translate it to word and excel ? how about the math symbols does that translate well?

Thanks
Use my SP3 at university mon-fri. No WIFI issues due to the surface. College has some dead zones, but affects everything not just surface. When swapping buildings, run home, run out for lunch, ect. the surface has WiFi connected and ready to go by time I open it up. This is after the first manual connection and selecting save password/auto connect.

Battery life, straight one note, iTunes/slacker/Spotify, mail app, and few IE tabs open, I get about 7-8 hours without problem. I never shut down device, just sleep, I'm sure I could gain 30 min or so more battery if shut down was performed over sleep.

I use one note for everything. only use word for PDF's, but usually print those to one note as well. So I can't gibe examples of ink to words automatic feature, as I leave all as written notes. I use mine for math, electrical, m2chanical, classes. So I have equations, notes, schematics, ladder logic drawings, ect.

Love how organized one note keeps things.

bluegrass

Hi,

I use my university wireless without any problem. When I change building, my SP3 follows the move and connect by itself seamlessly.

Reconnecting to a new router automatically only occurs if you have connected to it once before and have your SP set to automatically connect. You probably won't auto connect to different building routers without some intervention the during the initial first connection.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reconnecting to a new router automatically only occurs if you have connected to it once before and have your SP set to automatically connect. You probably won't auto connect to different building routers without some intervention the during the initial first connection.
That really depends on how you configure it. all the wireless routers we have across two recently merged companies worldwide work with them same credentials except Japan ;). Execs don't want to be bothered with details they just want it to work.