What's new

To those who get more than 6 hours....

Do you have the same battery?

• Total voters

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
How did you "condition" your battery? Thanks
I used TabletMark which has a battery rundown test. It's not real heavy so you get a "normal" discharge until it dies. Then you charge it overnight. Repeat. did that a couple times weeks apart then again a month or two later.

You generally shouldn't let the battery go all the way down but one a month or two will help it keep fresh. Kinda like you don't want to give it a regular heavy workout but once in a while will keep it in shape. If it's been neglected then you need to work it more but not with real hard workload. Fast full discharges will run it down.

OP
C

cemian

I asked Microsoft about their battery used when they benchmarked the device and they responded with.. "A pleasant day to you. I am sending you this email in regards to your concern with the manufacturer of our Surface batteries. I am afraid we cannot divulge any information in regards to this concern since it is already a 3rd party device. However I can assure you that whatever battery we are using to our Surface devices have the life of up to 9 hours."
Why is the battery manufacturer of their surface device considered as private information? strange...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked Microsoft about their battery used when they benchmarked the device and they responded with.. "A pleasant day to you. I am sending you this email in regards to your concern with the manufacturer of our Surface batteries. I am afraid we cannot divulge any information in regards to this concern since it is already a 3rd party device. However I can assure you that whatever battery we are using to our Surface devices have the life of up to 9 hours."
Why is the battery manufacturer of their surface device considered as private information? strange...
How do you defeat an army? Attack their supply chain.