What's new

Poll Vote: How to protect my Surface Pro 3 "Cover" or Paint shield. Suggest

To protect SP3 I suggest use : Shield , cover or nothing

• Total voters

AbMarhon

Hi everybody,
I'm a teacher and student
and I would protect my Surface Pro 3 against scratches & accident falls "drops" so I got a "Moko light super slim cover " :
71m%2BILXKVXL._SX425_.jpg

I thought it's a super cover when I read the comments , but it was not what I'm looking for.
1-When I open the tablet stand, the cover stripped :(
2- prevents Ventilation holes especially beside the mini display port where the processor fan is located

I need:
your suggestion to choose the best fit cover what is the best
&
I think that I will layout a protection shield from(3m) which is protect it very well "not drops"...
like this<<<
Do you recommend??
I respect your idea please share !!!
img_39211.jpg

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use a 3M Adhesive Sticker from Stickerboy (they're expensive) my son will get on from DecalGirl (half the price).

dstrauss

I use a simply "skin" from "Skinomi" (I know, how quaint) but very effective for keeping pristine for future journey to eBay heaven (eg - replacement cycle). No protection form drops, etc, but unless you are going to encase it Otterbox-like gear, I don't think it can be protected from drop damage. If going any distance (out of office) I carry it in a Levenger Folio I slightly modified so it would slip into left side (opposite notepad holder) behind the card carrying slots.

OP
A

AbMarhon

okay but this is not what I'm looking for this just protect the tablet without the keyboard and some ventilation port are closed,

I might go with the Manvex yet I still looking for better no matter the price

Liam2349

okay but this is not what I'm looking for this just protect the tablet without the keyboard and some ventilation port are closed,

I might go with the Manvex yet I still looking for better no matter the price

You're right to stay away from anything covering the vents - however it looks like the Urban Armor case has holes to (mostly) allow the air to flow through.

Putting some sort of sticker on the back will also be fine.

fletch33

i rely on the build quality like my phones to be able to tolerate daily use and an unforeseen drop and then the
$150 2 year spill, drop , crack full replacement warranty that Microsoft sells as my protective film :)

if and highly unlikely i am still using the SP3 in 2 years when my warranty is up i might consider something to put on it.

the few times i have put things on my tablets and phones i take them off for some reason and realize how much nicer it feels naked.