What's new

Waiting for SP3...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine doesn't have any delivery info (placed on 21st August) just a release date.

I hope it really isn't 3-5 day shipping for this given that we've still to get any shipping emails or bank charges.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The sadist in me is dancing with glee watching you guys squirm in your chairs with anticipation. ooh, there's another email... but not the one you wanted. LOL.

Bad GreyFox bad... no porridge for you today. :)

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
The sadist in me is dancing with glee watching you guys squirm in your chairs with anticipation. ooh, there's another email... but not the one you wanted. LOL.

Bad GreyFox bad... no porridge for you today. :)

Darn it you got me !!

:mad:

;)

uktivo

Placed my order on the 21st this month. What's the chances of there being a shortfall in stock? Do you think MS will have enough to go around? There is nothing better for business than a shortage. Just makes everyone talk and place advanced orders.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Placed my order on the 21st this month. What's the chances of there being a shortfall in stock? Do you think MS will have enough to go around? There is nothing better for business than a shortage. Just makes everyone talk and place advanced orders.

Shortages also lead to buyers turning to the in-stock competition. Especially when the release is so close to the start of the school year. Would be a pretty dumb move. and the stock levels seen in the US would make people presume that it'll be just fine and NOT pre-order. Pre-orders based on a shortage would be based on speculation, not a shortage. I am very confident that it'll all be just fine, microsoft are really busting a nut to try and make this itteration work for the consumer.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, some time ago I posted on the official page for UK Surface on facebook explaining my problem with the delivery address for my surface and asking if it was likely I'd receive it by the 29th at the latest...

I just got a reply.

Hi ,
apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I can confirm that pre-ordered devices have begun shipping with a view to being delivered on the 28th, so unless you're in a very rural area you should have your shiny new Surface in time for your week off! Enjoy :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
:eek:
OK, some time ago I posted on the official page for UK Surface on facebook explaining my problem with the delivery address for my surface and asking if it was likely I'd receive it by the 29th at the latest...

I just got a reply.
Holding my breath... :eek: ah shoot that didn't last long...

Only One full day and two partials to go... were almost there... almost there... :)

edit: oops had the wrong link there... fixed.

Last edited:
OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha ha, I've never been like this about anything before. I've always taken the P out of people queuing at the apple store for the latest iphone... but if there was an MS store I might well be queuing outside..

Ah just realised US people don't "queue"... translation "wait in line", something us Brits are especially talented at...LOL.