What's new

Waiting for SP3...

uktivo

You pay full price at checkout and claim the 100 pounds cash bank within 60 days I think. It's paid direct to a bank account.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
You pay full price at checkout and claim the 100 pounds cash bank within 60 days I think. It's paid direct to a bank account.

I also looked at currys/PC world last night (in desperation) and though I could see an option to pre-order the SP3 there didn't seem to be any type covers available for it, also it was delivery only rather than store pick up which I was hoping for so I went back to the MS store!

Well i guess we'll all find out soon enough.....! I'll be on tenterhooks up until then!

Liam2349

Ok.... I cancelled my pre-order last night after the online chat.

I then went to try to re-place an order to be delivered to my mum and dad's address (as that's where I am the week after). But because I'd ordered via the student store it wouldn't let me as it said I'd already ordered one (cancellation hadn't come through at that point., also there was only one type cover available (purple).

So I called again this morning from the number listed on the UK store website, the lady there said the exact same thing the lady said the first time I called back in June... that if it's pre-ordered it will be delivered ON the 28. I asked if I pre-ordered again today whether that would still count, she went away to check somewhere and came backs saying Yes, if the item is in stock it will be delivered on or by 28th.

I then got her to check stocks, there was still stock available of the i7 256, but the blue type cover (mid blue - probably like the best buy USA colour) was not available, only the purple, as I'd seen on the store last night.

So I then ordered the i7 and the purple cover again over the phone and got them delivered to my work address - taking a chance that she was correct.

On the help page of the UK store it says that items on pre-order will be delivered IMMEDIATELY, which is odd wording if 5-7 days after the release date.... so I'm taking the chance.. but I could be disappointed.

I guess I wait and see if I get a shipping confirmation before 28th... I wish I hadn't cancelled now as I'm in the same position I was before!

It seems information provided is not consistent.

Can you show me where it says immediate delivery for pre orders?

Clearly there is some kind of issue with the reps at Microsoft. They are nice and all, but I've been told more times that it will arrive on 28th than I've been told it won't.

Don't know why they keep saying different things, surely they must get their info from the same place o_O

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you show me where it says immediate delivery for pre orders?

Clearly there is some kind of issue with the reps at Microsoft. They are nice and all, but I've been told more times that it will arrive on 28th than I've been told it won't.

Don't know why they keep saying different things, surely they must get their info from the same place o_O

On the FAQ

You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery.

However it probably actually mean "if the item is not available for immediate delivery, you can pre-order it"

To be honest... I'm totally confused now, but I stil have the option, if I don't get a shipping confirmation by say Tuesday to cancel the order AGAIN... but I REALLY don't want to do that as I bet by then there'll be no stock available and I won't be able to re-order for delivery to my parents.

Last edited:

uktivo

Quidco has a 100 pounds cash back deal for surface pro pre orders. Just used it and have the item tracked in my Quidco account.

Edit. For Microsoft store. I think it ends Friday. Actually thats quite a good sign that MS ends this deal tomorrow, maybe this is the shop date for pre orders. Let's hope.

Liam2349

Another £100 cash back sounds nice, but I think if I cancel now I might not get the stock that I want. Honestly I cba with it, I just want it delivered.

Liam2349

Alright, I think it will be delivered on the 29th. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all the couriers which offer insurance for £600+ items only offer it for next day delivery services, or their express service.

lemongalaxy

I initially pre-ordered with Microsoft. However, when I saw the PC world cash-back I cancelled the Surface from my Microsoft order. I retained the keyboard order from Microsoft, as PC world didn't have availability at the time (although they do now).

Yesterday I had a call from PC World confirming that I wanted to proceed with the order, because they had advertised the wrong specs on their site (wrong screen size and resolution). They also said that they have the stock and will be dispatching for delivery by the launch date. This was for the i7 256GB model.

malberttoo

I initially pre-ordered with Microsoft. However, when I saw the PC world cash-back I cancelled the Surface from my Microsoft order. I retained the keyboard order from Microsoft, as PC world didn't have availability at the time (although they do now).

Yesterday I had a call from PC World confirming that I wanted to proceed with the order, because they had advertised the wrong specs on their site (wrong screen size and resolution). They also said that they have the stock and will be dispatching for delivery by the launch date. This was for the i7 256GB model.

Welcome to the forum, Lemon!

Liam2349

I just called them back up to upgrade my SP3 to a pricier version.

I also asked him about delivery and explained to him this issue with misinformation. He told me that Microsoft will ship the device with UPS and barring any unforeseen events such as a UPS strike, Microsoft plans to have it delivered no later than the 28th.

He told me that they will probably ship it Monday or Tuesday.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just called them back up to upgrade my SP3 to a pricier version.

I also asked him about delivery and explained to him this issue with misinformation. He told me that Microsoft will ship the device with UPS and barring any unforeseen events such as a UPS strike, Microsoft plans to have it delivered no later than the 28th.

He told me that they will probably ship it Monday or Tuesday.

Yay... except it probably won't be monday due to bank holiday. When they upgraded the version did they have to cancel and re-order? I was vaguely thinking of upgrading to the 512... but it is quite a vast amount of difference in price. I'm worried if I cancel again I won't get the keyboard cover as there as only purple ones left when I changed the order last time.

Liam2349

Yay... except it probably won't be monday due to bank holiday. When they upgraded the version did they have to cancel and re-order? I was vaguely thinking of upgrading to the 512... but it is quite a vast amount of difference in price. I'm worried if I cancel again I won't get the keyboard cover as there as only purple ones left when I changed the order last time.

You have to cancel, but they will check stock first. You don't have to cancel the keyboard - even if they are in the same order, you can just cancel the SP3 and keep the cover.

I originally went for the i5/128 which was £760 with student discount. I went for i5/256 which is basically £1000, and I have been thinking about it for a few weeks, it was just finding a way to justify it to myself. I'm sure I will be doing more programming in my second year of uni so I managed to justify spending £240 for 4GB RAM and 128GB more SSD space...

Personally I couldn't justify the 512GB!