What's new

What the HECK is inside this part of the SP3?!?!?

spinedoc77

OK this is the 3rd SP3 I've received that has this issue, it's utterly baffling to me. I keep swapping them out and keep getting this issue. I have this one square in the upper left corner that does not detect touch at all, but it does detect the pen. It's sporadic, I can reboot and it's gone, or let the sp3 go to sleep and sometimes it's gone, but it always eventually returns.

This latest SP3 I got is only 2 days out of the box, I've probably only used it a total of 5 or 6 hours and it's already doing this. Having 3 of these fail like this you would think it's something that I am doing, but all my SP3 does is either sit on my nightstand next to my bed plugged in or it's in my laptop bag, that's it. It doesn't go near magnets, electricity, or anything weird I can think about.

Anyhow here is a picture of the affected area. Does anyone know what is behind this area? Maybe it's hardware that is bad or something? I have to exchange this now for a 4th replacement, sigh.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    392.4 KB · Views: 591
OP
S

spinedoc77

Thanks. I've tried to recalibrate several times. Even during recalibration it won't detect my fingers in that spot.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's your purchase location? Sounds like a batch of bad screens and a particular location would likely have all the same batch... even sequential numbers within a batch. although it depends on where in the mfg process it went sideways. Then again it could be a side effect of alien technology... :)

OP
S

spinedoc77

1st purchase and first 2 replacements were in Paramus Nj, the latest replacement was in Wayne NJ. At this point my money is on alien technology lol.

Kris

I had the same issue with one of my 5 returned SP3s, Best Buy said they tested it and called me a liar. Past that no idea how to fix it. I tried screen calibration, reinstalled drivers even factory resets but the issue kept happening after using it for a little while. Only thing to do is return it and hope for better luck next time...