What's new

Which Surface Pro 4 issues remain?

wynand32

Don't use the beta drivers. Use the latest stable release as posted in the other thread. Should be version 20.19.15.4352. Alleviated most of the display driver issues for me.

Actually, I think that's what I'm using. win64_15014.4352 is the file name.

Wilx

Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540 Drivers & Software

The top one is the one I downloaded and updated to. 15.40.14.4352

Its weeks since these came out. If they are better why aren't Microsoft pushing these out now ... or even better a proper version for the Surface. We were promised fixes early in the New Year... it is now 2/3 through January and still no fixes. So much for all there "thanks for buying an unfinished Product" messages with a fix early in the new year

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Its weeks since these came out. If they are better why aren't Microsoft pushing these out now ... or even better a proper version for the Surface. We were promised fixes early in the New Year... it is now 2/3 through January and still no fixes. So much for all there "thanks for buying an unfinished Product" messages with a fix early in the new year
We are expecting a Firmware Update shortly, possibly as early as today assuming it passes all internal tests.

raqball

I wonder if they are ever going to add features to Edge? Wasn't this something that was suppose to happen late last year?

radji

You would have to ask Microsoft why the updated Iris drivers aren't being pushed. In my experiences with OEMs, the device manufacturer never pushes a component's OEM drivers without "tweaking" it themselves first. Whether is be pride or laziness, the device manufacturer usually screws something up with their optimization of a new driver release. Therefore they have to take the time to also work out bugs in the software they created. It's a vicious circle.