What's new

Who Will be Upgrading?

demandarin

I have the 128GB SPro 1 still. Very tempted on this new larger model. I was really hoping for a mini one though. I would've bought that day 1 for sure.

I still love my Pro1 though. I skipped pro2 in hopes of better specs or features on pro3. The higher screen resolution and larger screen entices me. I'd love to get i7 model but its very costly.

I'm curious as to how much the pro2 in price will drop now.

CrippsCorner

I was never going to anyway, just because I've not owned my Surface Pro long enough! I wouldn't mind the new one in theory, but I'd have to test out the size as it needs to fit into a very specific place! It's good that you can move the kickstand to any angle though, should help fitment...

Oh, and I'm not buying one until they move that bloody logo lol, hate it!

I was never going to anyway, just because I've not owned my Surface Pro long enough! I wouldn't mind the new one in theory, but I'd have to test out the size as it needs to fit into a very specific place! It's good that you can move the kickstand to any angle though, should help fitment...
It's all fun and games until the friction element of the hinge wears out. Other than that, love the size, love the aspect ratio. But really need to see what they did with the trackpad on the TypeCover3. I didn't see any physical trackpad buttons, and I'm already too frustrated with the trackpad on the TypeCover2.

Oh, and I'm not buying one until they move that bloody logo lol, hate it!
Ha! That's a good one... I'm going to use that too. :big smile:

Bazzer

No I will not upgrade to me its a backward step. Bigger screen why? defeats the object small is beautiful.
Now if Microsoft put this screen in the original Surface 1 & 2 case that would be progress. You do not need the black bezel around screen.
If I need a big screen I use my Laptop or couple up my Surface to my 24inch monitor.
Now Microsoft have excepted they are trying to get us to replace our laptops with the Surface 3 the Keyboard should be included in price.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
To make it thinner the had to make it bigger so that the fan and heat dissipation system can keep the Intel Core SoC operating under load....that fan is huge....

SP3 Guts.JPG

CrippsCorner

It's all fun and games until the friction element of the hinge wears out. Other than that, love the size, love the aspect ratio. But really need to see what they did with the trackpad on the TypeCover3. I didn't see any physical trackpad buttons, and I'm already too frustrated with the trackpad on the TypeCover2

All reports are saying it's greatly improved... however I never use the trackpad anyway, Bluetooth mouse is the way forwards!

Pwersha

They improved/fixed every small complaint I had with my Surface Pro 2:
-Keyboard wobbly
-Pen felt cheap
-Trackpad wasn't very laptop-like. Too small and no real click.
-Screen just a little too small

Being thinner, lighter, quieter, and having a higher resolution screen are just bonuses.

I am not making the same mistake I made with the SP2, I am going with the 8GB RAM version.