What's new

why it can't find update?

unruledboy

there should be 3 firmware updates, but I kept trying windows update, nothing available....

I remember it needs to have a patch first, I can't find the post any more....

OP
unruledboy

unruledboy

sorry, there is a update on May 28, I ignored it, I tried to update that just now, then the firmware comes...

Arizona Willie

Is there a list of updates we < should > have received?
I haven't gotten one in quite awhile but unless we know what we should have we can't tell if we are behind or not by looking at the installed updates list.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got mine today (mixed feelings, but largely OS related) and i was surprised to find just one tiny update available. A few hours later though (after installing said update) windows updater found me 44 updates. It then found another one an hour after that which actually installed through device manager (there was a yellow exclamation mark against surface pro touch controller so i searched for updates)

spent about an hour trying to find out why i couldn't take screenshots with the pen, it needed updates.

OP
unruledboy

unruledboy

I got mine today (mixed feelings, but largely OS related) and i was surprised to find just one tiny update available. A few hours later though (after installing said update) windows updater found me 44 updates. It then found another one an hour after that which actually installed through device manager (there was a yellow exclamation mark against surface pro touch controller so i searched for updates)

spent about an hour trying to find out why i couldn't take screenshots with the pen, it needed updates.

oh boy, i did the one update (May 28), then it tells me have one system update, big one, 43 updates included. then restart and do pending updates before going into windows, then I go to bed, no idea what happened aftet that.

Arizona Willie

Thanks for the responses. I turned Defender off and I use AVAST Premier, the dictionary NEVER installs on my Surface Pro 1. I've tried and tried and it will not install no matter what.

The list of updates given for the Surface Pro does not match the list of installed updates on my machine.

They only show a couple of July and Aug but I don't have the one's they mention but I do have several that are NOT mentioned for those time frames.

Unfortunately, the list of installed updates list them by KB number with a description that does not match what the web page says. That web page gives NO KB numbers. :(

I'd like to find a list for the Surface Pro ( Original ) with KB numbers so I can be sure if I have the right ones or not.

At this time it looks like I might be missing some but when I tell it to check for updates it says there aren't any.