What's new

Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3 Fail

ctitanic

I just did a clean install of Win10 and half the devices, including WiFi are failing in Device Manager.

How is this even possible? Lol.

Any ideas?
View attachment 3881
Your should have done an upgrade. In order to reduce the size of the OS Windows is not including the huge amount of drivers that it used to include in the past. The SP drivers are distributed in a separate package that it seems to me that you already found thanks to this forum.

mitchellvii

P.S., If you are running Windows 10, disable Windows Updates. They WILL BREAK WINDOWS 10. Wait for Windows 10 specific updates. I ran updates once and system wouldn't reboot.

Classic57

Just got my SP3 this past week. Used it for a couple of days with Windows 8.1, just get a feel for it. Then I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Build 10074. I've had no problems so far, except for Windows Mail occasionally shutting down when I click on a link within a message. Everything else is fully functional, including the One Note button on the top of the pen. I've even been able to use my network printer with no hiccups. Seems like a pretty good upgrade so far. Looking forward to the next level of Cortland, also.

SteveMac

has anyone else noticed that mouse and trackpad movement isn't as fluid as it used to be? Perhaps I'm just imagining it, but it seems to me that fine mose/trackpad movement is not what is was. I'm using the touch cover and the bluetooth surface arc mouse.