What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

I like reading this thread, and am catching up on a few pages. However, I'm getting a little annoyed with all of the background photos being inserted. I guess I don't really get the point? I think we get it....you can set an image as your background. Maybe a separate thread to sticky for folks to showcase their desktops or backgrounds?

[EDIT] Sorry, I just caught up on the last page after I posted...looks like someone has already commented...I was debating saying something for a while and just held off. And then the post about Bluetooth with a half dozen unrelated screenshots just prompted this post...it's not a bad thing...I just don't get it's relevance to the topic...and is taking up a lot of page space. Do what you will, said my peace...I'll keep the scroll wheel greased.

Well considering sharpcolorado is the OP and a Mod, I think he can do pretty much what he likes in this thread. :)

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I certainly don't want to do whatever I like.
I want this thread to be useful, comfortable, and popular.
By the way, I do get plenty of positive PMs regarding those backgrounds.

Maybe we're all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the next Build.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I know this is just a Technical Preview, but...

I've been trying to diagnose why Internet Explorer sometimes will crash or stop responding under Windows 10 Build 9926. I noticed a correlation between Windows Update and this problem. I can make it happen by refreshing content on IE while Windows Update is checking for, or processing updates. Here is a (gasp!) screenshot taken immediately before Internet Explorer had another problem.

I happened to pop open a Windows 7 sidebar to watch the top 5 processes, and saw the correlation. Not the only reason IE crashes, of course, but explains one of them for me. The Windows Update and Internet Explorer tasks should watch one another to handle this traffic.

Screenshot (264).jpg

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, saw those leaks. Likely means good stuff is on the way ;), but...
1 - We won't be encouraging the installation of anything leaked
2 - The previous officially released Builds had version numbers beyond the leaked versions
3 - Installing leaked Builds may arrest the ability to install subsequent releases.

RémiM

Yes, saw those leaks. Likely means good stuff is on the way ;), but...
1 - We won't be encouraging the installation of anything leaked
2 - The previous officially released Builds had version numbers beyond the leaked versions
3 - Installing leaked Builds may arrest the ability to install subsequent releases.

The picture is taken from the insider forum, I dont even know how to install the leaked build.

I wanted to show how the design could be in the next build. I am not encouraging the installation of an unofficial build either.

I fell like the user interface is not very attractive. Icons and colors look 80's.

B

BChat

I've been using 9926 since it was released, I like it. I have tweaked lots of the things so not sure how much 9926 remains...:D
I'm sure there will be another Preview release soon, 10 is supposed to RTM in June - then my new i5-128 gets a free upgrade to it - I like free.

ETA - looks like build 10032 was done today.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The picture is taken from the insider forum, I dont even know how to install the leaked build.

I wanted to show how the design could be in the next build. I am not encouraging the installation of an unofficial build either.

I fell like the user interface is not very attractive. Icons and colors look 80's.
What's old is new again works the same in display fashion as clothing fashion and it's logical in that 2D is easier to process which helps with scaling down to small low powered devices. Not to mention the whole cadre of eye candy abborrishionists who loathe the superfluousness of previous user interfaces. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.