What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhaddy

I've just put on the latest build of Windows 10 Preview 10074 on my SP3 256GB/i5 and I'm noticing that it's a little bit laggy. When I scroll in Chrome for example, or when windows maximize/minimize, it's not as smooth as previous builds. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Mhaddy ,

When you first install, OneDrive and the Microsoft App Store have lots of work to do. These are likely the causes of your lag. Leave your computer connected to WiFi as long as you can to let them catch up.

You may have already noticed that subsequent Windows Updates are very slow or completely halted until OneDrive is Up to date.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
For those just joining up with Windows 10 Insider Preview on the Surface Pro 3:

(Written under Build 10074)

There are many
Members on this site using this alpha version Windows 10 as their production machine OS. I am included in this group. I have not lost any files, or lost productivity.

The Consumer Preview of Windows 10, or perhaps even a commercial release may come in August or September, 2015. If you feel that your PC productivity or PC files are at risk, despite OneDrive backup schemes, then wait until after a release.

Otherwise, if you like what you read and see, press on into the vortex with us here.

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

larryeli

love this sea water wallpaper can you give me the link??? by the way where are you getting all your stunning wallpapers thnx ain advance...

bender

1. Can't use PIN as login
2. and if I change it, I will loose network connectivity!!!
3. After sleep, I've lost network connectivity

Last edited:

bender

How to mount password protected samba shares from windows server 2012? I always get an error

"The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured:
A specified logon seesion does not exist. It may already have been terminated."

I also can not open my server under network =>

Error: "\\SERVER is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. A specified logon session does not exist. It may..."

Also my windows update is stuck at 0%...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.