What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

If I install a game am I going to have to reinstall it next update? haven't tried it yet. Also is the an area to turn on auto correct when typing any where?

wynand32

Actually, I do have another bothersome problem, since the last build. Whenever I switch back from tablet mode, my windows that were maximized when I switch to tablet mode are now resized, randomly it would seem. Some are small enough that I can't access the maximize button or apparently resize, so I have to close them and reopen. This also happens when waking up from sleep (when the SP3 will actually wake up from sleep, of course).

Anybody else?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
If I install a game am I going to have to reinstall it next update?

If the game is a Store App, then it will be preserved, re-installed, or easily installed for you, with settings intact.
If the game is a Desktop program, then it probably will survive, but your results may vary.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... Also is there an area to turn on autocorrect when typing anywhere?

Three related switches for autocorrection:
All Settings, Devices, Typing:

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (38).png

bender

I've installed it yesterday, could you recommend it to use it as productive system? Because the 60GB partition is to small for my usecase.

And another question, is there a driver pack for windows 10 or?

lhauser

Seems to be a common bug. with mine if i hold the power button, the screen comes back on but only to allow me to slide down to turn off.

Strangely, even if my device is turned off somehow the windows button still gives haptic feedback.

I have similar issues occasionally, not consistently. The lights are often (maybe always) on under my keyboard, so I'm not sure the computer is really off.

lhauser

I've installed it yesterday, could you recommend it to use it as productive system? Because the 60GB partition is to small for my usecase.

And another question, is there a driver pack for windows 10 or?

You really need to get an SD card. The Surface can take up to 128GB. I have the i5/128 and split my files between the SSD and a 64GB SD (thank heavens for Libraries).

lhauser

OK, I might as well add my issues to the list. They aren't show-stoppers

* After putting my Surface to sleep last night (via the power menu, not just closing the type cover), I woke up this morning to find the computer on and running hot. When I opened the typecover, whatever was running hot stopped.

* Occasionally when I reboot, the display is at a smaller display percentage than usual (I keep it at 200%, it reboots at around 150%), and sometimes windows are unresponsive (can't resize, minimize, maximize). I've taken to rebooting as soon as I icons on my desktop looking smaller than they should.

I find myself watching performance and power consumption all the time, and wish I had better tools than just Task Manager. I never know when a background process is going to grab 20% or more of processor time. I tend to not leave the computer in sleep mode unless it's plugged in.

As I said, these aren't show-stoppers, just irritants.

tarrant64

Anyone have issues with file sharing on Windows 10? Latest build installed, clean install. Everything else seems to be running fine.

EDIT:

Scratch that - seems to have started when I assigned a PIN for login. Signed out and back in using my MS account password and it's now working. Interesting.

r0b123

Anyone have issues with file sharing on Windows 10? Latest build installed, clean install. Everything else seems to be running fine.

Yes, noticed this issue after Build 10074 was released. I've submitted feedback and would suggest you do the same (there were others reporting the issue so just do the "me too").

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks did that but only works on MUI apps, doesn't want to work on Google/Firefox or any other applications I type in. I don't have the cover so it can be a pain in the ass when typing and always having to hit caps. Ya, I'm that lazy. But thank you for the help.

Well it should work with Internet Explorer and sites like this one.

But here's an old standard that works well, and is time tested. Basically you use a AutoHotKey utility, which has an always-on script for spellchecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.