What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

Does anyone have touch working for IE 11? Like the full MUI interface? I know Paul Thurrott mentioned some people might actually have IE 12.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if snyine noticed, but today i got an update, and guess what, i dont know if it is continuum, but it now actively brings up the touch screen keyboard across the board when type cover not attached. I no longer have any reason to revert to 8.1. hit a text entry field, keyboard pops up, hit enter, or tap away, and it vanishes. Awesome!

young blade

Not sure if snyine noticed, but today i got an update, and guess what, i dont know if it is continuum, but it now actively brings up the touch screen keyboard across the board when type cover not attached. I no longer have any reason to revert to 8.1. hit a text entry field, keyboard pops up, hit enter, or tap away, and it vanishes. Awesome!

Mine also updated from 9860 to 9879 but I already had the auto touchscheern keyboard popup..

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine also updated from 9860 to 9879 but I already had the auto touchscheern keyboard popup..
I may be late on the bandwagon. I do not have internet at home, so updating things like the surface and my nexus devices doesn't happen all too regularly.

Only downside to the update i've just had though, is that there is no longer a wifi signal icon in the taskbar, just a generic "internet connection" icon, and swiping in and hitting the wifi icon no longer just opens up a menu in the right hand panel, but opens up the full screen settings tab. Oh, and i get odd behaviour when rotating device while it's in CS, i.e if in CS, and i change the orientation, the devices powers up to the lock screen.

young blade

I just noticed that my onscreen keyboard is messed up.. see picture

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 441

young blade

I may be late on the bandwagon. I do not have internet at home, so updating things like the surface and my nexus devices doesn't happen all too regularly.

Only downside to the update i've just had though, is that there is no longer a wifi signal icon in the taskbar, just a generic "internet connection" icon, and swiping in and hitting the wifi icon no longer just opens up a menu in the right hand panel, but opens up the full screen settings tab. Oh, and i get odd behaviour when rotating device while it's in CS, i.e if in CS, and i change the orientation, the devices powers up to the lock screen.

The wifi icon is still there see picture.. the battery icon is rotated. As for screen orientation: when it switches, the screen goes black for a second and after that the screen rotates..

does anyone know how to get everything sharp again (fonts, icons etc) everything looks blurry at the moment.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 399

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The wifi icon is still there see picture.. the battery icon is rotated. As for screen orientation: when it switches, the screen goes black for a second and after that the screen rotates..

does anyone know how to get everything sharp again (fonts, icons etc) everything looks blurry at the moment.

Not for me..
wifi.JPG

Only connected via wifi.

And the orientation thing is not to do with it going black for a second before working out what its meant to be doing. I'm talking about when the device is in connected standby. With the machine off, if I pick it up and turn it into portrait mode, the machine will power back on.

Seems they gave with one hand and took with the other. Not sure why they disabled the capslock light in this update. Worked fine before that.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not for me..View attachment 4585

Only connected via wifi.

And the orientation thing is not to do with it going black for a second before working out what its meant to be doing. I'm talking about when the device is in connected standby. With the machine off, if I pick it up and turn it into portrait mode, the machine will power back on.

Seems they gave with one hand and took with the other. Not sure why they disabled the capslock light in this update. Worked fine before that.
There was an update that fixed the WiFi Icon in the tray, did you have any pending or failed updates?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, maybe not. Every time it does an update it completely wipes my update history, the machine restarts as if its the first time booting up windows, takes me through all the welcome screens etc. Right now it tells me there is no update history and updates were installed "never". Cant really check where my machine stands right now; as mentioned earlier, i dont have internet at home, just a 750mb 4g allowance on my phone.

young blade

Have you checked what resolution you are using?

The resolution is at 1440x2160 but this problem comes than goes back to normal and after a while its back again. Also sometimes the screen doesn't rotate.. sometimes the soft keyboard doesn't automatically pop up..

The last build was much better (9860).

Status
Not open for further replies.