What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

Has anyone been noticing weird graphics issues? My SP3 has been acting where the time on the taskbar starts displaying wrong but the time and date menu reflects it accurately. This is where it all goes down hill as then the start button on the taskbar disappears, followed by typically the battery and then the inability to right-click, see the charms bar, or see the clock or power options in the Start Screen. This seems to only be fixed by a reboot. The only thing new on my system are the new DisplayLink drivers, but I don't have my dock connected.

young blade

Has anyone been noticing weird graphics issues? My SP3 has been acting where the time on the taskbar starts displaying wrong but the time and date menu reflects it accurately. This is where it all goes down hill as then the start button on the taskbar disappears, followed by typically the battery and then the inability to right-click, see the charms bar, or see the clock or power options in the Start Screen. This seems to only be fixed by a reboot. The only thing new on my system are the new DisplayLink drivers, but I don't have my dock connected.

Yes I've had the same experience. It has happened 2 times. a reboot would solve the issue but its annoying because I would have to do: ctrl+alt+delete to get an option to reboot. This all started to happen with build 9879. (Not good when you are trying to show off your SP3 to your friends).

GTiceman

Yes I've had the same experience. It has happened 2 times. a reboot would solve the issue but its annoying because I would have to do: ctrl+alt+delete to get an option to reboot. This all started to happen with build 9879. (Not good when you are trying to show off your SP3 to your friends).

I am glad/not glad someone else had this issue. I agree not good. I hope this is fixed when the January build, whether it is CP or not, gets pushed.

dstrauss

My hat's off to such a brave band of hardy souls - a level of testing dedication I could never muster.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There is definitely some regression in this build, especially when it comes out of Connected Standby, It is Windows Explorer that stops interacting with Windows (According to the new Event that is logged). I've bugged it...

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Installed Technical Preview December Update for X64-Based Systems KB3020114

I don't notice anything broken, and I haven't yet detected anything fixed or added...

smar

I had spurious multiple copies of "This PC" icon showing up on my desktop whilst copying a large number of files from my backup drive. A refresh on the desktop cleared them temporarily.

The problem could be due to GDI resources - https://social.technet.microsoft.co...-leak-in-explorerexe-directly-affects-taskbar

It says it fixes the Explorer crashes that have been occurring. I have definitely seen them, so I'm applying it now and we'll see how it goes.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
BTW - If the latest Update continuously fails on you, uninstall the other 4 first then run Windows Update and they all should install correctly even the new one...

Status
Not open for further replies.