What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Gabe later on in the day (maybe last night actually) that the vast majority of people would be successful with the install without uninstalling Office 2013, but it was a big enough sampling of people who would so they went ahead and recommended it....

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see what update this is. Gabe Aul mentions KB3020114 on Dec. 8, but mine successfully installed KB3020114 on Dec. 4th.

KB3022827 fails to install every time. I uninstalled Office and have rebooted and tried to have that update install 3 times and it fails every time.

Here is a list of my update history. Does this help?

Updates.png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
When was the first failure? Have you tried rolling back to that date? Sorry to potentially be annoying - but I want to help you get well. :)

ScottyS

When was the first failure? Have you tried rolling back to that date? Sorry to potentially be annoying - but I want to help you get well. :)
You're not at all annoying, I'm on this forum to get help and learn and your posts are the most helpful.

First failure was 12/9, Definition Update for Windows Defender KB2267602 (weird that a definition update would fail). Then Security Update for Internet explorer KB3022827.

By rolling back if you mean using System Restore I just opened that and bummer, no Restore Points (I used to manually create them but then got used to Windows doing it automatically before certain updates). I can uninstall updates. These are the ones I can uninstall. I recently re-formatted this partition and re-installed the first build and then let it update and install build 9879 because Win10 wouldn't load.

upload_2014-12-10_13-6-38.png

To tell you the truth, I don't know if I want to uninstall all 7 updates. Since it is, at least, working I'm just thinking I'll reinstall Office and wait for a new build in January.

Limit

does windows 10 support portrait mode with the snap feature? For example while viewing in portrait mode have internet explorer open watching a youtube or twitch video snapped to the bottom and have another instance of internet explorer snapped to the top to browse the internet?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You're not at all annoying, I'm on this forum to get help and learn and your posts are the most helpful.

First failure was 12/9, Definition Update for Windows Defender KB2267602 (weird that a definition update would fail). Then Security Update for Internet explorer KB3022827.

By rolling back if you mean using System Restore I just opened that and bummer, no Restore Points (I used to manually create them but then got used to Windows doing it automatically before certain updates). I can uninstall updates. These are the ones I can uninstall. I recently re-formatted this partition and re-installed the first build and then let it update and install build 9879 because Win10 wouldn't load.

View attachment 4690

To tell you the truth, I don't know if I want to uninstall all 7 updates. Since it is, at least, working I'm just thinking I'll reinstall Office and wait for a new build in January.
Try this....

1. Restart your PC
  2. Open CMD.exe as an Administrator and run: compact /u /exe /s:%windir%\winsxs\filemaps
  3. Immediately afterwards run Windows Update > Check for updates

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
does windows 10 support portrait mode with the snap feature? For example while viewing in portrait mode have internet explorer open watching a youtube or twitch video snapped to the bottom and have another instance of internet explorer snapped to the top to browse the internet?
Yes, sort of....it is all desktop mode currently so you can arrange Windows how ever you want. As far as the MUI 2.0 Snapping will need to wait until the end of January (rumored release of the Consumer Preview of Windows 10).

Status
Not open for further replies.