What's new

Windows 10 Sysprep BSoD for MS Surface tablet ?

ITSupport

People,

I need to deploy 20 new Surface Pro 4 Tablet in a matter of less than a week.

Can anyone please share some tips and best practice to create golden image forSurface Pro 4 tablet running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] ?

I have done the following steps but it failed (BSoD) this morning.

1. Straight out of the box it is Windows 10 Pro (10.10240)
2. Insert theSW_DVD5_WIN_ENT_10_1511_64BIT_English_MLF_X20-82288.ISO to bring it on to Windows 10 Enterprise (10.10586)
3. After the manual upgrade, I did the manual Windows Update check to apply the latest firmware & the rest of Windows Update. (Installed SurfacePro4_Win10_160128_0.msi firmware & win64_154014.4352.exe Intel graphics driver)
4. It was running perfectly fine yesterday evening on Version 1511 OS Build 10586.71 and then I manually update it again to 10.586.104
5. I ran Cleanmgr (Windows Disk Clean-up) followed by the freeware CCleaner64.exe to clean unwanted OS old updates to free up disk space.
6. I ran Sysprep to make the base line before capturing it as the base image for the rest of the tablet.

This morning when I'm about to hand it over to my CIO, it Blue Screen and crashed requiring me to reinstall Windows ?

Does Windows 10 cannot be sysprep-ed after fully updated to the latest ?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using the free MDT no SCCM.
I'm not sure if MDT has been updated to support the new build yet, I know SCCM has had patches to add compatibility but haven't seen one for MDT. One work around that I've seen in the past is if you are using a Custom WIM is to select Setup Files are Not Needed. (doing it from memory so wording may not be exact).