What's new

Woo Hoo. Stickerboy skins for the Surface Pro 3 (now Surface Pro 4)

drzeller

I just put a set of the Kyrobe Wood mentioned earlier skins on and it looks great. I'm not too sure of the screen portion. I think I might get annoyed at the ridge it creates.

Installation was not difficult. Just take it slow and steady. In their installation videos, which are unique per device, they explain it well. There are three videos for the Pro 3. They cover the different sets of stickers you can order.

This is my first set of skins for a device. I am pleased with the thickness of the material. It is thicker than I thought it would be.

Overall, I am very pleased.

David

FlySwatter

I'm torn between Charcoal Gold and Black Leather, but leaning toward the first. I've looked at some other skin sites, and I have to admit, I prefer these over the others (though pricier).

Charcoal Gold
CharcoalGold.jpg

Black Leather
BlackLeather.jpg

Zog1971

I'm torn between Charcoal Gold and Black Leather, but leaning toward the first. I've looked at some other skin sites, and I have to admit, I prefer these over the others (though pricier).

Charcoal Gold
View attachment 3051
Black Leather
View attachment 3053
I have the black ostrich from Stickerboy and LOVE it. I considered both of the ones above and just decided I against the charcoal gold, but was heavily torn between the black leather and black ostrich. I at first leaned to the black leather, but every video and picture I saw seemed like it was showing fingerprints and grease smudges. I thought maybe I was just imagining it until I saw someone post for sell a SP2 on Ebay that had the black leather skins installed and it was covered with greasy finger smudges. Seriously, like someone had enjoyed some McDonalds fries right before taking the pictures. I thought it so odd that they had not taken a few seconds to try to at least clean them off for the Ebay photos, but at least it proved my point. So, I still have not had anyone verbally confirm that the black leather attracts grease, but I went for the black ostrich. Before receiving, I was a little concerned it might look, well, feminine. Upon receipt and in hand it does not look that way in the slightest--looks sleak and stealth. Also, some pictures made the black ostrich seem more grayish--but it is definitely black. I can confirm it does NOT attract any finger prints or smudges. Hoping to get around to getting some pictures up soon. P.S. I got the skins for the Type COver, too, and LOVE them. Think they are going to be great for keeping wear and stains off the soft fabric and give an awesome overall unified look. People who have seen it sincerely tell me the whole package looks great. OK, I'm gonna go take some pictures.........

CFCSupporter

I have to say... I am *blown away* at how incredible this cover is. ESPECIALLY the keyboard/touchpad portion of it. Wow. The way the wood grain on the touchpad matches the rest of the keyboard... Stunning.

Completely worth the money. I'll let the images speak for themselves.

View attachment 2432 View attachment 2433 View attachment 2434 View attachment 2435 View attachment 2436 View attachment 2437

Hy there,

I'm looking for a protection of the back of my SP3. After surfing around on the internet I found the page stickerboy which avoids scratches on the back of the device.

http://www.stickerboy.net/products/slate-jet-black-brushed-aluminum-microsoft-surface-pro-3-skins

Now I wanted to know if it is still possile to use the docking station or not. Are the sides with the stickers too big or does it fit on to the docking station? Has anybody experience with the protection sticker?

Wow, that wooden sticker looks awsome. What's the name of it?

Thanks

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
CFCSupport,

No interference with docking statuon or any devices. Skin is thin., but tough.

Names of the skins are on the site you quote.

Last edited:

malberttoo

I'm looking at the Matte Black or stealth. Not that I care about the "antibacterial" part, but I like in the description that it has a "gritty" texture to it.

Think I'm going to hit the button on that. Not for my TypeCover though, just the back and sides.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You all will love your Stickerboy skin. I've been accused of working for them - but instead, they work for me.

Len J

Let us know in a few wekks if :

1.) you notice any additional heat build-up
2.) you notice any problems with the docking station.

Looks like a nice product...if I decide to keep the SP3 I'll look into

Thanks

Len

Zog1971

Let us know in a few wekks if :

1.) you notice any additional heat build-up
2.) you notice any problems with the docking station.

Looks like a nice product...if I decide to keep the SP3 I'll look into

Thanks

Len
Hello all. I can tell you with 100% confidence since I've got the skins on the front, back, and sides, that there is ZERO interference with the docking station. I was worried before getting the dock, but if this is making you hesitate, please don't!! :) Slides in and out perfectly. No difference. Also, heat was a major concern, but again, these things are super thin and I honestly feel if they effect the heat in any way it is miniscule and has ZERO effects on performance.