What's new

Woo Hoo. Stickerboy skins for the Surface Pro 3 (now Surface Pro 4)

FlySwatter

I finally broke down and purchased the Charcoal Gold Designer Series. If you're on the fence and a 10% coupon code will nudge you over, then you can use "wrapit" at check out and sleep soundly knowing that you didn't really spend $54 on a skin, you saved $6 on one.

FlySwatter

My glamor shots with the Charcoal Gold Skin. Full package. Yeah, I need a more sepia toned lock screen and wall paper now.

1FULLFRONTLOCK.JPG 2KB-BK.JPG 3BK-KB.JPG 4KB.JPG 5KB2.JPG 6BOTSP3.JPG 7BOTKB.JPG 8FULLTOP.JPG 9FULLFRONT.JPG

FlySwatter

So why are these worth twice what Decalgirl charges?
Decal Girl only covers the front bezel of the unit plus the back two panels. StickerBoy also covers the top and both sides, and optionally, you can cover the keypad hand rest or the entire keyboard (top and bottom). If you look closely at the my photos, you'll note that all surfaces are skinned, minus the key pad numbers and screen. There's nothing wrong with the Decal Girl product. I had one with my original surface pro, and like the matching wall papers, and the quality is very good as well.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Not all skins are alike. Many printing houses can mass produce vinyl or other skins.
What I've found separates the very good from the poor is the precision of the cuts (measurements), and whether the skin has a plausible texture for the faux pattern, or whether all skins have the same texture.

Stickerboy is one of the good guys.