What's new

Worth the risk?

kristalsoldier

As I stated in my post, the warranty is only valid in country of purchase, so if you buy it in the us and then go back to england, if it needs fixing, you have to ship it back to the US. Although it wouldn't surprise me if once it is released in all markets, the warranty goes global. Right now they probably don't want people from the UK saving hundreds of pounds by buying it abroad.

Thanks. You are sure about this?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was the chosen response in the Microsoft question website thingy. So I cannot be sure. And you never know, while Microsoft might have the policy to stop people getting it far cheaper from abroad, Microsoft seem to be doing a pretty good job of trying to keep everyone happy with this device, maybe they'll help, but it could be that the warranty is limited at present because its not released in the UK yet so technically they can't repair and replace it in the UK. I recall that my nexus 7 had an international warranty so bought from america early, but I also seem to recall that I would be required to post it abroad for and RMA

kristalsoldier

It was the chosen response in the Microsoft question website thingy. So I cannot be sure. And you never know, while Microsoft might have the policy to stop people getting it far cheaper from abroad, Microsoft seem to be doing a pretty good job of trying to keep everyone happy with this device, maybe they'll help, but it could be that the warranty is limited at present because its not released in the UK yet so technically they can't repair and replace it in the UK. I recall that my nexus 7 had an international warranty so bought from america early, but I also seem to recall that I would be required to post it abroad for and RMA

I see. On the other hand, a colleague's iPad Air was also bought in Canada and it carries a Global Warranty.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
IPad air is available worldwide is it not? At present Microsoft can't really offer an active return decision for a device they don't ship yet.